dcs f18 paddle switch not working?

hellrequiem

Well, first of all, using the paddle switch in a dogfight is sort of cheating, but if you must, then I suggest the following:

• Can you use the paddle switch to disengage the autopilot and/ or nose wheel steering? If yes, then you have confirmation that your key bindings are working
  • Do you use any joystick curves for the pitch axis, which might prevent you reaching full aft deflection of the stick? The g limit override can only be engaged when the stick is near full aft. Therefore, if you have a curve set, reset it to the default and test the switch again- the paddle switch should work then.

Edited by Cepheus76
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2023 at 11:34 PM, Cepheus76 said:

• Do you use any joystick curves for the pitch axis, which might prevent you reaching full aft deflection of the stick? The g limit override can only be engaged when the stick is near full aft. Therefore, if you have a curve set, reset it to the default and test the switch again- the paddle switch should work then.

This one may be... and, as long as I do not change inner files of DCS, is not a cheto com on!!

On 5/1/2023 at 11:34 PM, Cepheus76 said:

Well, first of all, using the paddle switch in a dogfight is sort of cheating, but if you must, then I suggest the following:

• Can you use the paddle switch to disengage the autopilot and/ or nose wheel steering? If yes, then you have confirmation that your key bindings are working

Exactly, this was happening. Thanks a lot, bro!

• 2 weeks later...

Not if it breaks the plane. That’s like crashing your car just to activate the air bags. 😆

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

44 minutes ago, markom said:

This has been discussed ad nauseam. It doesn't break the plane. It shortens its longevity. When the alternative is a very short longevity due to death of the pilot, paddle switch is perfectly fine.

Yes and no. More accurately, it MIGHT break the plane or it might not. Either way the jet is assumed to be broken until an inspection proves otherwise.

Also, yes, use of the paddle is allowed IRL if considered by the pilot to be necessary to save the plane. That's exactly why it's there. However, in DCS that is not what's happening. People are not using it to save the plane. They use it routinely under all conditions as if the jet were designed to fly that way.

• Like 2