Buttkicker Pro - Optimal HaptiConnect Settings?

Hello - just installed a Buttkicker Gamer Pro and I'm wondering if anyone is willing to share (or post a screenshot) of their optimized fighter jet settings? I was able to Google and find several race car settings but nothing for DCS jets.  I'm using VR (with the F/A-18) and jumping back/forth between DCS and the HaptiConnect software to fine tune each setting is a little frustrating. My initial settings seem okay and the BK certainly adds a whole new dimension. It would just be great knowing what settings you all recommend for the best experience - thanks. 

i5 11400 ׀ 16GB RAM ׀ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 ׀ Buttkicker Pro ׀ Razer Blackshark V3 Pro ׀ Oculus Rift S VR ׀ TM Warthog Stick/Throttle HOTAS ׀ TM F/A-18C Stick ׀ Logitech G Pro Rudder Pedals ׀ Next Level Racing Boeing Military Cockpit

F/A/18C  -  Super Carrier  -  Nevada

I can drop a screenshot later of my settings. I think I have it dialed in best I can. Just don’t go over 73 I think on the cannons or else they wont work at all. I usually keep the volume on the Gamer Pro amp at 25-30 or too much clipping happens. 

Great, thank you... looking forward to seeing your settings.  In the meantime, I continue to fine tune.

i5 11400 ׀ 16GB RAM ׀ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 ׀ Buttkicker Pro ׀ Razer Blackshark V3 Pro ׀ Oculus Rift S VR ׀ TM Warthog Stick/Throttle HOTAS ׀ TM F/A-18C Stick ׀ Logitech G Pro Rudder Pedals ׀ Next Level Racing Boeing Military Cockpit

For starters, here's a list (and screenshot) of my current DCS Hapti settings. I'm not recommending these as optimal, just showing what seems to be working well with my rig. Still looking for recommendations for what others suggest as optimal:

My BK Pro amp settings are: (Low Filter Cutoff: Off,  High Cutoff Frequency: 80,  Volume: 30)

RPMs  68 

Runway Texture  81

Landing Gear  71

Flaps  81

Suspension  56

Touchdown  78

G-force  45 

Gear Turbulence  38

Speedbrake  69

Folding Wings  64

Cannon  52

Weapons  64

Canopy  49

Parachute  52

Refueling Boom  43

Chaff  58

Flare  58

Untitled.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I guess I've been living under a rock recently but I only heard of this Buttkicker thing a few days ago. I am definitely intrigued. I had been using an old Logitech G940 joystick system for years and got very used to the FFB. I recently upgraded to a Winwing Orion 2 system with an F-16EX stick. It has the dynamic vibration in it and while it does add a bit of realism... sort of, it's not true FFB. So, with all that being said, I am wondering if this Buttkicker lives up to all the hype. Is it worth it? Does it increase the realism? I mean, if I have some vibration on the stick and in the seat, that's gotta be worth something, right? So help a guy out. Is this thing worth it?

I7 4790K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z97S SLI+, 32GB HyperX 2400 DDR3, GeForce RTX-3060ti 8GB DDR6, Rosewill 80plus Bronze 1000w, Corsair Hydro H100i, Intel 160GB SSD for OS, Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Intel 1TB SSD for DCS, P3D, Star Citizen, Sound Blaster Zx, Thermaltake Overseer RX-I, Logitech G940 FFB stick, dual throttle & pedals, TrackIR 5, Surround Speakers & Subwoofer, Oculus Quest 2 VR.

:joystick::pilotfly:

I've had my BK Gamer Pro for about 3 weeks and for me, it adds a whole new level of immersion and realism to DCS. I fly VR and I have a Warthog HOTAS with the F/A-18 stick mounted to a NextLevel Boeing cockpit (military version) which comes with a BK mounting post right under the seat.  If you take a look at my above post, the BK Hapti software now integrates with DCS and you can adjust about 20 or so effects. It also integrates well with my wireless headphones/mic so not only am I feeling the effects but the sound is also fantastic. My wife's a little pissed now when when I fly because even with my ears on, she can feel/hear it downstairs - ha! When I turn it off and fly without it, it's just not the same. Here's one if many YouTube videos I watched before buying: 

I did have an issue this weekend however. Everything has been working great but when I started a mission on Saturday, the transducer was shaking/vibrating like crazy (like it was stuck). At first, I thought I had an issue with the jet (landing gear, structural damage, etc). However, I had no warning lights and a visual inspection showed no damage. I just turned off the BK amp and continued.  I contacted BK support the next day and they said they've discovered an interface issue with DCS that randomly increases the RPM setting to MAX. They said they should have an update in a week or so that will fix the issue. In the meantime, I just moved my RPM slider to 0 and that seems to have temporarily fixed it - it's worked fine tonight.       

On 5/24/2023 at 12:19 AM, brettt777 said:

Okay, I guess I've been living under a rock recently but I only heard of this Buttkicker thing a few days ago. I am definitely intrigued. I had been using an old Logitech G940 joystick system for years and got very used to the FFB. I recently upgraded to a Winwing Orion 2 system with an F-16EX stick. It has the dynamic vibration in it and while it does add a bit of realism... sort of, it's not true FFB. So, with all that being said, I am wondering if this Buttkicker lives up to all the hype. Is it worth it? Does it increase the realism? I mean, if I have some vibration on the stick and in the seat, that's gotta be worth something, right? So help a guy out. Is this thing worth it?

the buttkicker, bass shakers , jetseat or your winwing rumbling motors... none of them provide FFB. This is a whole different animal. Haptic feedback just pretend to make you feel more connected with your airframe, nothing else. I really want to clarify this, it has nothing to do like the FFB we feel on simracing wheels or your G940.
Does haptic feedback improve realism? for me yes indeed, a lot. No way im flying with my devices off.

• Like 1

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

8 hours ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

the buttkicker, bass shakers , jetseat or your winwing rumbling motors... none of them provide FFB. This is a whole different animal. Haptic feedback just pretend to make you feel more connected with your airframe, nothing else. I really want to clarify this, it has nothing to do like the FFB we feel on simracing wheels or your G940.
Does haptic feedback improve realism? for me yes indeed, a lot. No way im flying with my devices off.

Oh yeah, I understand that none of it is true FFB. That's why I kept the G940 for so long and I also have a MS Sidwwinder FFB2. Those are true FFB. In DCS, Thing is, not all aircraft in DCS or other sims need actual FFB. In a jet like the Hornet or the Viper that are FBW, you wouldn't have the stick kicking back against your hand when you get into turbulence. So some stick or seat vibration may be all you need to have that little extra inversion factor. But in a Mustang or a Spitfire or an L-39, you're gonna get feedback through the stick. It's not the same thing but between the inherent feel of the Orion 2 stick with a little vibration.... it's not too far off. Since I just spent the better part of $600 for my Winwing system, I'm not sure Mama Bear is gonna be to thrilled about another $300 for this thing. It may have to wait a while.

I7 4790K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z97S SLI+, 32GB HyperX 2400 DDR3, GeForce RTX-3060ti 8GB DDR6, Rosewill 80plus Bronze 1000w, Corsair Hydro H100i, Intel 160GB SSD for OS, Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Intel 1TB SSD for DCS, P3D, Star Citizen, Sound Blaster Zx, Thermaltake Overseer RX-I, Logitech G940 FFB stick, dual throttle & pedals, TrackIR 5, Surround Speakers & Subwoofer, Oculus Quest 2 VR.

:joystick::pilotfly:

14 hours ago, brettt777 said:

Oh yeah, I understand that none of it is true FFB. That's why I kept the G940 for so long and I also have a MS Sidwwinder FFB2. Those are true FFB. In DCS, Thing is, not all aircraft in DCS or other sims need actual FFB. In a jet like the Hornet or the Viper that are FBW, you wouldn't have the stick kicking back against your hand when you get into turbulence. So some stick or seat vibration may be all you need to have that little extra inversion factor. But in a Mustang or a Spitfire or an L-39, you're gonna get feedback through the stick. It's not the same thing but between the inherent feel of the Orion 2 stick with a little vibration.... it's not too far off. Since I just spent the better part of $600 for my Winwing system, I'm not sure Mama Bear is gonna be to thrilled about another $300 for this thing. It may have to wait a while.

well in all honestly, women tend to appreciate vibration devices much more than men, so go ahead. Just kidding, please don´t take it the wrong way 😉

With the buttkicker being a fantastic device, seat pads are also something to be consider. Having 8 small motors rather than a single big one like buttkicker, provide a different experience, especially the ability to have stereo left/right feelings.
Grab a cup of coffee and take a look a youtube reviewers:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=nlr+hf8

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=andre+jetseat+dcs

Because pricetag is similar.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update on the Buttkicker issue I reported in my May 23 post above. BK did release a fix for the DCS RPM issue (update v1.8.0, driver v1.0.0) and after installing and resetting my RPM setting back to 68, I've had no issues. The BK unit is producing all of the normal DCS feedbacks and the RPM issue has gone away.

Note, after the initial update install, I did a system restart but on my first DCS flight, I got no BK feedback at all (like the unit wasn't even on). I powered down my pc and turned off the BK amp. I then unplugged/plugged the amp power cord. Powered everything back up, launched a new DCS flight and that took care of it -- the BK Pro has been working great!

For what it is worth, I just switched from Sim shaker to Hapticonnect and am very happy.  I use to have some annoying knocking noises and after the switch combined with turning off the high gain limit (I read to do that) its been really nice.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hello, has anybody some experience using the BT Hapiconnect software with helicopters (Apache in particular) in DCS?
The software seems to offer a lot of different settings, but they seem to bo optimized for fixed winged and not for helos.

I have 2 BT mini concert attached to my simrig‘s seat and a third one to my pedlas plate on the rig.

I have also a NLR HF8 pad running with SSA. 

Edited by corbu1

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - CH-47F - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog(40cm Ext., Dampers) + Throttle, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

• 1 month later...

@corbu1 I'm addressing that with Guitammer and ED in a few days, I just got mine a week ago and going through the various aircraft to see what is missing and nonfunctional.  You are correct, it's not optimized for helicopters yet.

@Cobra_B39 Honestly, from all the racing sim guys that reviewed it, I agree...settings depends on your rig, how heavy it is, and where the device is attached.  What works for others might not be the best settings for you.  That's why each setting starts out default in the middle.

Did anyone have issues getting CHAFF and WINGFOLD to register in the Hornet?  Everything else responds and FLARES work fine.

J

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

vor 14 Stunden schrieb JUICE-AWG:

@corbu1 I'm addressing that with Guitammer and ED in a few days, I just got mine a week ago and going through the various aircraft to see what is missing and nonfunctional.  You are correct, it's not optimized for helicopters yet.

@Cobra_B39 Honestly, from all the racing sim guys that reviewed it, I agree...settings depends on your rig, how heavy it is, and where the device is attached.  What works for others might not be the best settings for you.  That's why each setting starts out default in the middle.

Did anyone have issues getting CHAFF and WINGFOLD to register in the Hornet?  Everything else responds and FLARES work fine.

J

@JUICE-AWG thanks so much. Would be great when helicopters would get more attention👍👍👍

• Like 1

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - CH-47F - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog(40cm Ext., Dampers) + Throttle, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

On 1/8/2024 at 1:19 AM, OttoPus said:

Hello everyone, I tested HaptiConnect with the F-16 yesterday... good experience but "Touchdown" and "Speedbrake" just don't play on the buttkicker.

These are my settings:
image.png

Thanks, I'll check these out!

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 1/8/2024 at 1:19 AM, OttoPus said:

Hello everyone, I tested HaptiConnect with the F-16 yesterday... good experience but "Touchdown" and "Speedbrake" just don't play on the buttkicker.

These are my settings:
image.png

Hey, both of those work on my rig. There’s two cutoff filters on the amp, might look to see if one is still on. Are you using the included usb cord for the connection? If there’s abutting I can check on my end for you let me know!

I also have a question! Has anyone experienced an effect when they go into afterburner? I was going to feel a difference between full mil and AB…

Il 14/1/2024 at 03:35, Mach_None ha scritto:

Hey, both of those work on my rig. There’s two cutoff filters on the amp, might look to see if one is still on. Are you using the included usb cord for the connection? If there’s abutting I can check on my end for you let me know!

I'm using a custom amplifier and I have the low-pass set at 300Hz.

Il 14/1/2024 at 03:35, Mach_None ha scritto:

I also have a question! Has anyone experienced an effect when they go into afterburner? I was going to feel a difference between full mil and AB…

Yes I do feel the AB effect in the F-16.

• 2 weeks later...

24hrs now since I installed BK Plus & Haptic .

The instruction manual doesn't come with a wiring diagram. May sound stupid but a bit of explanation via a diagram would of helped.
I couldn't get BK to run on USB input without taking its signal from the PC audio port (wired up with the Y cable as instructions)
Despite it says if you have Haptic open then audio will not work.  But it did

I didn't see the point of the audio cable if you've got DCS &USB. The telemetry is supposed to be better then SSA etc. I unplugged the audio and went USB only.
It was then I discovered configuration of the input/output devices were incorrect. Again the setup manual was lacking explanation/ pics.

I concur with the above.Chaff doesn't seem to work or Wing fold. However Speed brake does.
Taxi surface seems borked too. I get the odd thud (which could be suspension or brakes) but no road rumble so to speak.
The software sliders are quite sensitive so be prepared to do a bit of testing to get your desired levels.

For my rig I went with the BK Plus. I mounted it via the three screw holes to my flight seat at hip level Lh side.
For those guessing Plus or Pro, I'd say the Plus is good enough unless you have a full size monster rig.

Currently I'm configuring the F/A 18.
Next will be the P-51D. I guess another day of testing.
Advise and tip appreciated.

Edited by McNasty_UK

I have installed the HaptiConnect and the results using the DCS plugin are far behind what I have experienced using Voicemeeter with two sound outputs. With the audio splitter, I can feel the engines increasing power, I can feel the ground, hits, flaks exploding nearby, cannons... The only reason I moved to the HaptiConnect is that I ordered two new buttkickers plus to better simulate how the vibrations are distributed around the plane.

The first thing I noticed was that the cannon was not working. I tested on the Apache, F-18, Mig-15, and Bf-109 and always had zero vibration. Besides, while I'm firing the cannon on the F-18, the engine vibration completely disappears. It seems very odd to me as if the HapiConnect was able to handle only one effect at a time. Has anyone else seen the same?

For me, the RPM looks the same for all the planes. On the Bf-109, I can't feel the RPMs changing and the vibration increasing as I add more throttle. Using Voicemeeter it feels like the real thing. 

The only effects that seem to be working fine are the flaps, landing gear, touch-down, and turbulence. 

Has anyone else seen similar issues?

Edited by vilson.farias
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The best way is to set it up yourself . Get in the aircraft and set up the engine from low rpm to high rpm , then repeat with weapons , landing gear , flaps and so on .  Overall the HaptiConnect software is really good but it lacks one of the most fundamental effects which in other hand  simshaker does offers , it's Buffet/Stall speed/Vortex Ring State effects . I send to the HaptiConnect guys an Email informing them about the absence of such effect and suggesting  it but I don't know if my suggestion would be taken seriously .  This effect would be nice to have since it will provide feedback about  current speed without the need of checking gauges  , it's really important for combat which is flew to the edge of stalling and for some landing approach. Hopefully we can get those effects in the future.  

@McNasty_UK  Do you mind sharing how you fixed USB buttkicker audio problem?   I have same issue - either I can hear audio on DCS world or it sends audio to buttkicker, but not both - even though I'm connecting buttkicker through usb.  HaptiConnect has telemetry enabled.  

• 3 weeks later...

This is what I settled on using just USB and Hapti connect. See pic.
USB to BK amp for Hapti
USB external sound card audio output to BK using straight audio connection. For SSA &SSM

Using Sim Shaker for Aviators with the Sim Shaker Module I got mixed results.
You can download both for free and SSM has two free files (Road rumble and 1 other.)for testing purposes.

I was able to get BK to run using SSA & SSM (click the test buttons)  but as soon as I switched it to DCS...nothing.. Weird.

Andre did answer my post but it's still not working correctly.
Added to this  the Sim Shaker Sound Module you pay for the full suite ( if the two free files work).
Being based in the Russian Federation all pay options are frozen out currently.
I was  offered an alternative route to pay with but I wasn't too keen on that as I didn't have" that type " of credit card.

So BK & Hapti works most of the sound options. Overall I'm happy with it. Flying without it is when you do miss the bumps & clunks.
I just wish Hapti would improve their software.

image.png

Edited by McNasty_UK

• 2 weeks later...

If you have moved your Saved Files from the default path, note that HaptiConnect won't find your Scripts directory correctly. It will write an export.lua and some other scripts to the default location, so you can go grab them there, copy them to the correct location, add the line to your actual export.lua, and get it working that way.

This is HaptiConnect 2.3.1, the latest as of today.

Edited by Fizzle
add HaptiConnect version