Trimming the Spit at high altitude

Not sure if I am missing something, but does anyone else find the Spit a bitch to trim at high altitude?(30k ft in this instance) I have trim set to the TM F16 grips trimmer on my WarBRD base that would be used by the F16. I find myself constantly trimming up and down and cant find some happy medium...

yep.... thought it was just me tbh.....  elevator trim is fine but rudder trim is a nightmare for me.

I think its all about the resolution of the button press/pot or the hat.....  I have 2 rotary encoders set up for trim and the elevator one is great....  trims very easily...  rudder however is far too fine so I need to keep turning the rudder encoder unrealistically to get any authority.    soooo  I then set up trim on a hat switch.... complete opposite...  the button press gives too much authority on elevator so cant trim without porpoising but rudder is more 'managable' ....  i even reprogrammed the timing of the encoder but I couldn't set the m/sec speed timing  individually on the LeoBodnar control board so it screwed up settings for my gun sight/compass/lights...  which all run from the same board.....

anyway.  YES.  pain in the rear to trim.  but i think its more a DCS controls input issue rather than a flight characteristic.  Also Air is thin at 30k + so makes everything worse.

Edited by Droning_On
  • Like 1
Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x [OC_4700Mhz  1.27v All Core],   AMD Rx6700XT 12GB,    32Gb DDR4_3200 CL16,    M.2_NVMe(OS) + 1TB M.2 SSD for DCS install ,    Delan opentrack IR,    QHD 1440p@75Mhz 32" HDR Monitor.

Hotas heavy modded  T.Flight Hotas One - 3D printed Mods. 3D Printed Pedals 3D prinded Delan Clip, Future mods…Upgrade T.flight to Hall sensors…more switches….F-16 ICP,  Spitfire/Mossie switch labels and future Athentikit Spit Mk iX controls.