with f18 impossible to call for tanker with comm menu

dave76
Go to solution Solved by Raisuli,

if i create a mission  with the hornet , assign freq to tanker( usually i leave the preset 251 mhz) and tacan , put in in orbit as a refueler, in comm.menu there is no option to select tanker( f6) and call with radio uhf, and it does not stay in orbit but go landing.

radio on the hornet is correct freq and active.......all the rest including calling carrier works......

which step do i miss?

Here's an example:

Give the tanker 2 Waypoints. 

At waypoint 0, add all options you want like TACAN, comm frequency etc. 

At waypoint 1 give it the task tanker. 

At waypoint 2 tell him to switch to waypoint 1.

See if that works for you. 

8 minutes ago, razo+r said:

Here's an example:

Give the tanker 2 Waypoints. 

At waypoint 0, add all options you want like TACAN, comm frequency etc. 

At waypoint 1 give it the task tanker. 

At waypoint 2 tell him to switch to waypoint 1.

See if that works for you. 

thank you, i 'll try 😉 😉

• Solution

Ensure it starts out at waypoint 0 with the tanker role.

At waypoint 0 tell it to 'orbit', racetrack, set alt and speed, which it will (mostly) ignore

Make sure you change TACAN to something better than 1 and assign it to the tanker unit

Give me a bit and I'll post a short miz for a tanker.  There's always at least one in pretty much any mission I do so I can practice my PIO whenever I fly.  I am pretty much a master of PIO now.  If they gave out Nobel Prizes for PIO I'd win.

Twice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raisuli said:

Ensure it starts out at waypoint 0 with the tanker role.

At waypoint 0 tell it to 'orbit', racetrack, set alt and speed, which it will (mostly) ignore

Make sure you change TACAN to something better than 1 and assign it to the tanker unit

Give me a bit and I'll post a short miz for a tanker.  There's always at least one in pretty much any mission I do so I can practice my PIO whenever I fly.  I am pretty much a master of PIO now.  If they gave out Nobel Prizes for PIO I'd win.

Twice.

ok i solved but i wait for your mix 😉

1 hour ago, dave76 said:

thank you, i 'll try 😉 😉

perfect razor's it worked 🙂

This is how I set them up.  ~20,000 (below the contrails), not east-west so you don't end up flying into the sun, faster then they let the tanker go, and immortal because 'return precontact' has been clinically shown to cause wing damage on air force tankers.

That's about it.  Add an F-something and tank away!

Tanker.miz

1 hour ago, Raisuli said:

This is how I set them up.  ~20,000 (below the contrails), not east-west so you don't end up flying into the sun, faster then they let the tanker go, and immortal because 'return precontact' has been clinically shown to cause wing damage on air force tankers.

That's about it.  Add an F-something and tank away!

Tanker.miz 6.09 kB · 1 download

'return precontact' has been clinically shown to cause wing damage on air force tankers. 🤣

True that - when I was first learning - repeated calls of 'return precontact' did end up with the tanker being damaged just after my master arm was turned on!