ADI malfunction flag

DayGlow

trying to startup the M2000, been away for a couple of weeks so I downloaded the most current beta, and now the main ADI has its malfunction flag out and won't go away during startup. Fast align, normal align, it doesn't matter. Haven't changed anything in my startup procedure. 

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

On 5/8/2023 at 10:10 PM, DayGlow said:

the main ADI has its malfunction flag out and won't go away during startup. Fast align, normal align, it doesn't matter.

TL;DR:

Working fine for me, at a guess - you're pressing the VAL button which lights at the end of the alignment process, rather than simply selecting NAV mode. 

On 5/8/2023 at 10:10 PM, DayGlow said:

Haven't changed anything in my startup procedure.

I suspect the button lighting has been improved/become more noticeable.

Detail:

ACLM/STH Example
• Select ACLM/STH - (orange ALN lamp flashing, VAL button lit)
• Check Co-ordinates, etc. Match kneeboard (optional)
• Click on VAL button to confirm starting alignment (orange ALN lamp steady, VAL button unlit)
• Switch mode to STS (status) - watch status count down from 100 --> 0
• At Status=0: ALN lamp goes out, green PRE lamp flashes, VAL button lights.
Important: DO NOT PRESS THE VAL BUTTON - THIS RESETS THE ALIGNMENT AND STARTS IT AGAIN
• Move the Selector to NAV (PRE lamp goes out, ADI flag clears)
• Switch mode to N (normal) - co-ordinates, etc. display as normal

If you still have alignment issues - please share a track or video of your startup.

Video of ACLM/STH procedure

Tested DCS Open Beta Multi-thread Preview 2.8.4.39731

Edited by Ramsay
Add link to ACLM/STH video

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Well check when I can get back into the sim. Could be simmering p something so simple. 

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

yup, for some reason I decided to hit val after aligning, even though I haven't in the past for how long.