DCS hangs when I try to fly mission 1

sthompson
Go to solution Solved by STONE SKY,

I bought the campaign some time ago but never tried it until yesterday. I found that when I press the "Start" button from the mission briefing the mission starts to load but then stops loading about 70% of the way through the "Sim PostStart" stage. DCS stops responding and CPU/Memory/Disk usage goes very low (sometimes to zero). The first time this happened I thought that the mission was just loading slowly so I went away to do something else for a while. When I came back more than an hour later there was no progress. This is using the latest openbeta DCS version. I've tried both with and without MT support with the same results.

• Thanks 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

• Solution
19 минут назад, sthompson сказал:

I bought the campaign some time ago but never tried it until yesterday. I found that when I press the "Start" button from the mission briefing the mission starts to load but then stops loading about 70% of the way through the "Sim PostStart" stage. DCS stops responding and CPU/Memory/Disk usage goes very low (sometimes to zero). The first time this happened I thought that the mission was just loading slowly so I went away to do something else for a while. When I came back more than an hour later there was no progress. This is using the latest openbeta DCS version. I've tried both with and without MT support with the same results.

2 downloads in multithreading mode, 1 time in normal mode. Everything is loading well!

I would advise you sir several actions:
- find and fix bugs with DCS Updater
- Delete and re-install the campaign

If you don't have other problems with DCS than this one, I believe these simple steps will help.
In any case, write about the result. I will try to help!

Thank you for the advice Stone Sky. I deleted the campaign and then did a full repair of DCS opebeta using the slow mode and deleting extra files. Then I reinstalled the campaign. This did solve the problem and I was able to fly the mission.

However, I found that many of the mission messages did not include an audible voice prompt, even though I could read them on the screen. I also found that they occurred at random times and in the wrong order. For example, after getting a message to RTB I did just that, but after I was already on the ground and taxiing I was told to land. Then my "own" pilot voice started complaining about the high G's. I also got repeated messages about flying above the 2500 ft limit even though I wasn't doing that. On the other hand, I sometimes broke the hard deck and there were no complaints. I imagine there are some issues with the triggers.

One other piece of feedback for future revisions if any. I'm not very familiar with the aerobatic maneuvers I was supposed to be doing. It would be helpful if you could include some resources or links to resources to make it clearer what I'm supposed to be doing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

1 час назад, sthompson сказал:

Thank you for the advice Stone Sky. I deleted the campaign and then did a full repair of DCS opebeta using the slow mode and deleting extra files. Then I reinstalled the campaign. This did solve the problem and I was able to fly the mission.

However, I found that many of the mission messages did not include an audible voice prompt, even though I could read them on the screen. I also found that they occurred at random times and in the wrong order. For example, after getting a message to RTB I did just that, but after I was already on the ground and taxiing I was told to land. Then my "own" pilot voice started complaining about the high G's. I also got repeated messages about flying above the 2500 ft limit even though I wasn't doing that. On the other hand, I sometimes broke the hard deck and there were no complaints. I imagine there are some issues with the triggers.

One other piece of feedback for future revisions if any. I'm not very familiar with the aerobatic maneuvers I was supposed to be doing. It would be helpful if you could include some resources or links to resources to make it clearer what I'm supposed to be doing.

Thank you! I will test as soon as possible and fix it!
Yes, you need to add images of aerobatics! I will do it!
Thanks for the feedback!
I would love to hear your observations on other missions.

• Like 1