SharpeXB
Go to solution Solved by Terzi,

Why does it take two presses of the TDC to designate a target? The AGM-65 and probably GBUs won't lock on the first depress.

MavLock.trk

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Just  set  a  mission  and  had  no issues,  used  the  atflr to  des   targets   with  one  press  of  the tdc i also downloaded  your  track  file  and  had  no issues   as well

Edited by pete_auau

• Solution

Even if the visibility is clear, and you have good visibility and image can be clearly distinguished on MFD, your airframe needs to be at certain range. For example you cannot lock a vessel from 20+nm even if its a huge target on the MFD where real life image processing algorithm would lock it right away.

DCS does not use image processing like real maverick does and rely on magic if the range is okay. For example you can lock a target even if it is behind the cloud and maverick actually points to it.

I reported this before and it was tagged something like provide track or public evidence I can't remember which one. I did not provide because everyone can try this without needing evidence. Try placing it on a big vessel and try locking from 20+nm.

• Thanks 1

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]

Yeah looks like I’m uncaging it out of range. I was thinking this is like the A-10 where you can slave to SPI at any distance and then it will lock itself when it’s in range. 

Edited by SharpeXB

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5