How to change runway for LS if airbase has more than 2 RWYs

Mik75

Hi there!

I´m just learning the Viggen, and it´s really some very good fun! But I have one question. If I select an airbase as LS on the F10 map and load the corresponding data cartridge through the kneeboard, I know how I can select the reciprocal runway through "Bana Gräns". But how can I select a whole different runway if the air base has more than these two?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greets,

Michael

You can't. It's not coded to work like that in DCS, but it also doesn't matter for takeoff so... yeah

It would be nice when landing though

If you want one of the other runways you need to manually enter it on the data panel. The position of the waypoint will likely not be very accurate though, unless you change that too

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

17 minutes ago, MYSE1234 said:

You can't. It's not coded to work like that in DCS, but it also doesn't matter for takeoff so... yeah

It would be nice when landing though

If you want one of the other runways you need to manually enter it on the data panel. The position of the waypoint will likely not be very accurate though, unless you change that too

You're right. It would be even nicer for L1 / L2 points. But ok, if it's not possible, it's not the end of the world either. 😉

Thx a lot for Our quick reply!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greets,

Michael

2 hours ago, Mik75 said:

Hi there!

I´m just learning the Viggen, and it´s really some very good fun! But I have one question. If I select an airbase as LS on the F10 map and load the corresponding data cartridge through the kneeboard, I know how I can select the reciprocal runway through "Bana Gräns". But how can I select a whole different runway if the air base has more than these two?

Hey Mik!

See RC2.1 manual page 253, section BANA / GRÄNS:
.) Go to BANA / GRÄNS
.) Chosse IN
.) Type the heading, e.g. 2530 for 253.0° (you can forget about setting a TILS channel)
.) Press LS

Considering the runway was already entered (e.g. Ramat David), then this should work.
If you have to use corrdinates for a runway for which no code (e.g. 9013) is available, you might use reference points or type in coordinates by hand via REF/LOLA.

image.png

Edited by TOViper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

1 hour ago, TOViper said:

Hey Mik!

See RC2.1 manual page 253, section BANA / GRÄNS:
.) Go to BANA / GRÄNS
.) Chosse IN
.) Type the heading, e.g. 2530 for 253.0° (you can forget about setting a TILS channel)
.) Press LS

Considering the runway was already entered (e.g. Ramat David), then this should work.
If you have to use corrdinates for a runway for which no code (e.g. 9013) is available, you might use reference points or type in coordinates by hand via REF/LOLA.

image.png

Right! Thx a lot! This is what you need to do to use road bases as well, right? 🙂

So I actually knew it... Thanks again! 

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greets,

Michael

23 minutes ago, Mik75 said:

Right! Thx a lot! This is what you need to do to use road bases as well, right? 🙂

Yup. De nada.

• Like 2

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Not if you're using an invisible FARP to "mark" it, then you have a reference code for it in the kneeboard.

• Like 1

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |