Helldiver - RedFor Helo Company (recruiting)

Welcome to
Helldiver Chariot Company,

Are you looking for a group that is flying soviet-style helicopters, with a focus on operating in a team based and tactical environment? You have found the right place.

The company is made up of three platoons. KA-50 (Heresy), Mi-24 (Violence), Limbo (Mi-8).

Together we fly different types of missions in a pvp or pve scenario.

Our flight times are EU based and we mainly fly 1800Z+
Thursdays and saturdays are our main events. The flight time is approximately 3 hrs+.
You can find more information on our Website (link below).

What we are looking for: Cool, mature and dedicated helicopter pilots who want to immerse themselves deeply in teamplay and tactics. Our unit does not fly fixed wings, we still work together with fixed wings occasionally.

There are a few blockers to eliminate before diving deep into teamplay and tactics, we assume and check off the following:

Prerequesites:

• 18+ years of age or older
  • no member of another virtual squadron
  • able to attend the main events (Thurs./Sat.)

Technical:

• able to start the AC "Cold & Dark" manually
  • able to hover-check and hover-taxi
  • knowledge of how to operate the radios
  • able to conduct a tear-drop landing approach for FARPs (procedure will be provided)

Module (Maps):

• persian gulf
  • sinai
  • syria

Module (Helo):

• KA-50/ Mi-24/ Mi-8

It is not necessary but advised to at least own a second helo, if your main is the KA-50 since we also fly older Cold War settings.

To get in touch, contact us via our Website or the DCS forum. 

YouTube: 

Edited by MortalMando
change of prerequesites
  • Like 1

• MortalMando changed the title to Helldiver - RedFor Helo Company (recruiting)

What is your server named. Is it open to the public outside of mission times?

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey @MortalMando, I saw your excellent videos on YT. So cool. I want to fly like you guys do.  Do you offer a little guidance / training in handling? I know all the basics, but my handling is not good. Can I learn?

I have the KA-50 bs3, UH60L, FC3, CA, F16C, Persia, Syria, Marianas, Caucasus maps. TrackIR5 and an X56 Hotas.

Hey @_Defi cool that you are reaching out and thanks 😊. We are not so much a group for beginners, simply because we try to focus on tactical implementation and integration of helo teams into the battlefield. Still if you need some help just generally to understand the helo, say hello on our discord. We could offer some advice that would have helped when we started and we generally have some cool guys around. 

8 hours ago, MortalMando said:

Hey @_Defi cool that you are reaching out and thanks 😊. We are not so much a group for beginners, simply because we try to focus on tactical implementation and integration of helo teams into the battlefield. Still if you need some help just generally to understand the helo, say hello on our discord. We could offer some advice that would have helped when we started and we generally have some cool guys around. 

Oh I see. Where can I find the link to the Discord? I will come and say hello!

• Like 1

I have been a fixed wing guy for the best part of 2 years flying CAP for Helldiver on missions. Helo's scared the life out of me and looked super complicated but after a bit of convincing and a free trial I was up and flying with combat landings within a couple of weeks! Mando puts in a lot of effort with the training and documentation to support it and make the concepts easy to visualize. There are like minded individuals in the squadron that love to run drills and maneuvers and then take it in to PVP + PVE environments in planned ops and spontaneous flights. ECW and now Tempest and more.

The more experience the better of course but don't be afraid if you are new to this, with a bit of dedication offline to master the basics you will fit right in. Pedals are recommended as that's what made it click for me in the Mi-8.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Good afternoon

My name is Richard and I have been watching your you tube videos and they are great.  I own the Mi24, Mi 8 and the Ka50 but I do not know anything about the KA50 as of yet.  I am over 50 years old and I want to get into multiplayer and your team sound like it is a lot of fun but also teaching the module as well.  Can you let me know whey you guys are recruiting for new pilots, I would like to try flying with your team and also learning the modules as well.

• Like 1

Am 23.1.2024 um 08:51 schrieb MrGoodnight:

Good afternoon

My name is Richard and I have been watching your you tube videos and they are great.  I own the Mi24, Mi 8 and the Ka50 but I do not know anything about the KA50 as of yet.  I am over 50 years old and I want to get into multiplayer and your team sound like it is a lot of fun but also teaching the module as well.  Can you let me know whey you guys are recruiting for new pilots, I would like to try flying with your team and also learning the modules as well.

Thank you for your interest in the team. Check your PM's.

• 2 months later...

Great videos keep them coming 

• Like 1

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .