bonesvf103
Go to solution Solved by Tholozor,

There have been times when I am slewing an iMav seeker over to a target trying to get it to lock on.  Instead of it doing so, it sometimes seems to lock and the crosshairs blink a couple of times but when I fire nothing happens, or sometimes it will launch but not hit anything.

What is that blinking?  Was I actually ground stabilizing it or something?  I looked around for what the blinking means but couldn't find anything on it.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

When you say 'crosshairs' are you referring to the tracking gates that encompass the entire display, or the smaller cross that represents the seeker azimuth/elevation?

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

On 5/12/2023 at 3:48 PM, Tholozor said:

When you say 'crosshairs' are you referring to the tracking gates that encompass the entire display, or the smaller cross that represents the seeker azimuth/elevation?

The tracking gates disappear and the smaller cross blinks.

I will try to reproduce and get a track file.

Here is video of it.  Right around the 3:00 mark and again around 4:25

v6,

boNes

Edited by bonesvf103

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

OK, so that means that it was locked and then it was lost?  Just clarifying because breaklock to me usually means I'm too close to fire and hence an X appears in my HUD.

Thanks.

v6,

boNes

On 5/12/2023 at 2:55 PM, Kang said:

Well, since you say it's an iMav it probably means that the target is not an official manufacturer's product and consequently incompatible with it.

Haha, pesky Apple!

v6,

boNes