How do you set up your P8 compass - look straight form above on it?

I wonder how to set up the compass correct.. you have to look straight from above to it, in order to set it up correct. How do you do this? The view cockpit limits are not allowing the look from straight above onto it. Any suggestions?

I pull the control column back full, then zoom the view in on the compass to operate it when on the ground. Gets me pretty close to actual mag heading to set the DI gyro. In the air, I look through the control column as best as I can in straight and level flight. Again, close enough is good enough in this situation.
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

Another work around is to set a custom snap view.

You can pull the stick back, contort yourself into a chiropractor's nightmare with track ir, zoom in and save. Voila.

Assign to a handy hotas button, etc and you can get a nice close, if slightly offset view of the P8.

It also means you can keep switching back and forth between P8 and the cockpit view so you don't end up flying into the ground whilst absorbed with matters of navigation.

Procedures for saving snap views are available on this forum.

Or just sneek a peek through the spade grip somehow.

S!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...