I'm like a ghost on the server, missiles fired not registering, planes not shot down, others run me over as if they don't see me, flying at -2000ft according to Server-TacView

TheCabal

Hello guys,

another problem and I don't know if this is resulting from me having 16GB RAM (planning to upgrade these to 32GB).
Symptoms. It's happening on Growling Sidewinders server, I'm located in Poland with fiber-optic inet; ping is between 110-125; before I had clean crashes to desktop (Support confirmed: Out of memory); after lowering the graphics and upping the page file I could fly. Framerates were never a problem. Regardless, symptoms ingame:

- Other planes run me over on ground as if they don't see me, get visibly damaged but they behave normally like... undamaged.
- Firing off missiles aren't registered by the server. I checked the TacView file from the server and it shows ONLY ME without any action except of flying 3 Flankers... and that I fire no missiles while actually having fired several and getting two kills from my perspective.
- An admin showed me some TacView screensots that at one time I was at an altitude of -2000 and said that something strange is happening on my end.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Greetings,

Cabal

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

Next in line: F-5 II , MiG-19 , MiG-23 MLA

Wishlist: PA-100 Tornado, F-104 Starfighter, MiG-25 Foxbat, A-6 Intruder

Obligatory try a DCS repair, make sure you are up to date and remove mods, see if that improves things.

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

• 2 weeks later...

Just happened two times to me, two different servers, two times in 3 hours, it's definitely an issue. Never happened to me before with previous patches. Something has changed.
I've never installed mods, i just did a repair, cleaned temp folders. Let's see if it happens again.

It happened again today, on a completely different server.
Here the description of the issue:

I'm still in the server, i see other client actions, positions, the chat is frozen to the last message when the desyinc occurred so i don't see any new messages (log ins, log outs, events, clients messages). My weapons doesn't destroy any target, like all units are invulnerable, and i cannot change slot or return to spectator.

In the past i was used to get a connection timeout, now you can stay in this limbo forever if you do not realize it happened.

Edited by falconzx

Not sure exactly the cause, I've only seen it a couple of times over the last year.  Seems like there is a disruption on connection to the server.  You no longer get updates from it, but in some cases you still have SRS connection with wingman (even though you can't visually see them anymore).  I basically only fly on a squadron server (not a public one) and it was upgraded after a complete failure recently and hasn't had issues since then.

It happened again today. Another server, in 1 hour of flying. One teammate with me, he told me he keep seeing me moving in F10 map and doing what i was doing, launching weapons, but my bombs didn't destroy any target in my pc, but he saw them destroyed.
Again he was telling me a patriot launching on him, and i was watching that patriot, in my pc the patriot didn't launch, and no spikes on my RWR.
Another symptom: he could read me in the chat, but i couldn't read him. My chat was dead, no events.

And again before leaving the server i was trying as usual to go back to spectator or change slot and i was stuck on my slot. Only thing to do was to disconnect.

I checked my router log and it's fine, no relevant events or disconnections.
I checked dcs log and it's fine, i kept to receive ping messages until i disconnected.

Edited by falconzx

How much RAM you got? Support told me that 16GB will get full fast so that only 200MB is left for the system. I was flying on Growling Sidewinders Server. 

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

Next in line: F-5 II , MiG-19 , MiG-23 MLA

Wishlist: PA-100 Tornado, F-104 Starfighter, MiG-25 Foxbat, A-6 Intruder

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I wonder if I haven’t seen something similar, but from the perspective of the ‘other’ player. Basically, I found a ghost on GS’s server. All looked normal from the cockpit, but he absorbed an inordinate amount of missiles, from fairly close astern. Ran across him twice, about 30 minutes apart. In both cases fired everything at him, and was eventually given the kill. It was an F15SE, but I cannot recall the user’s name. But, when I look at the track files, I can see his chaff releases, but his aircraft never appears. Basically a ghost releasing chaff.

On 6/10/2023 at 7:30 PM, falconzx said:

It happened again two times in around 4 hours of multiplayer on the latest patch.

This is really strange issue to address, and even if I'm not surprised that can happens time to time, I'm impressed by the amount of time that this problem occurs to you, so maybe it's also related to a specific problem that you currently have, maybe caused by your ISP or network setup.
So, what is your actual provider? It was always the same, before and after you've notice an increase occurrence of this problem?
Try to describe more your network setup, including your router brand/model, switch etc. that you have.

Fly Safe

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

So, what is your actual provider? It was always the same, before and after you've notice an increase occurrence of this problem?
Try to describe more your network setup, including your router brand/model, switch etc. that you have.

Sure it continues to happen but i'm just bored to report it again and again, and this thing actually made me get away from this sim a bit, so now it happens less just because i fly less.

I live in Italy and my provider is TIM, it never happened before, it started since three/two patches. I'm connected to my router by wi-fi (usually 2.4, now trying 5ghz but it doesn't seem a factor). I monitored the connection while flying  with constant pings to my router and to an external server (like google.com) just to see if i have some packet loss or slows. But nothing relevant, same on the router logs.
I did changed my DNS just to see if something is changing.
The configuration i'm describing is unchanged by 3-4 years and it never happened before something like that.

Router: TP-link MR600 connected on LTE bands 3,7 aggregated.
I connect to the router via: PCI-E1x Wifi adapter with Intel AX-210 chip

EDIT: in the latest patch it happened more frequently on the server join, i mean i can observe the status described when i have just joined the server(like it happened while loading the mission), so i realize it very soon as i can't pick any slot and i need to reconnect the server.

Edited by falconzx

Wi-Fi connection for online gaming is not the best option but I don't believe is the problem.

Can you try to disable bandwidth aggregation and leave only fail-over for example and check how it will run?

Aggregation can definitely be the problem, even some Enterprise application don't react well to aggregation 😉 

Just give it a try.

• Like 1

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!