Phil C6

Hi impossible to lock with HMCS sometimes (too frequently), this bug from memory appeared at the same patch the HMCS bug in F16 has been fixed, before this bug from memory in the same condition the lock was instant (and in the other planes it works fine so it seems a bug).

The radar seems not following the HMCS?

Look in the video at  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oPlA-OKGs3bsnAiw-3ajjCYePtnnQYyL/view?usp=share_link

1min didn't get a lock (if no error must correspond to 14h38m00s in the track)

1min10s how long it takes to get the lock (14h38m10s)

1min27s no lock (14h38m27s)

1min38s (14h38m38) no lock

2min20s (14h39m20s) no lock

Best regards

mobettametas_Dogfight_Arena_v1.73.1-20230514-032631.trk

Edited by Phil C6
  • Like 2

• ED Team

Hi 

we are unable to reproduce, its possible it was some network lag or dsync at play, we will continue to watch for it 

thank you for the report

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, i do almost dogfight it happens each time i fly, if you need more track let me know please
PS: it seems dev are reworking on F18 radar maybe they could give fast check about this bug?

Best regards

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I can confirm this happens. It quite possibly is just in multiplayer as I don't play single player so have no reference for that. Basically the HMD when in bore sight can hover over a target without locking. Fixing requires switching through multiple radar modes. Sometimes you have to cycle many times before you get a lock. Verticle scan seems to work better but bore sight even when using sensor select long finds it very dificult to lock often. The radar also loses lock when in a turn fight, it always seems to conveniently be when you pull lead and are about to pull the trigger too.

On 6/7/2023 at 4:25 AM, Phil C6 said:

Hi, i do almost dogfight it happens each time i fly, if you need more track let me know please
PS: it seems dev are reworking on F18 radar maybe they could give fast check about this bug?

Best regards

They have a million tracks, videos and images showcasing this, see here: