any fuel computation program ?

dave76
Go to solution Solved by bones1014,

4 hours ago, bones1014 said:

Have you looked at the CRUS page on the ICP? It'll give you endurance, optimum speed, and optimum altitude.

that's ok, but i need something for pre flight calculation...........

I guess best you could do is just cuise at a specific altitude/speed/load (temperature/wind?) and note down the displayed fuel usage. Should be easy to set up in the editor.

Then put it into an exel spreadsheet.

Probably kinda fun to do? Its not an exact science, but you always wanna keep a margin anyway.

Realistically what you ask for probably cant be done easily by a configurator, considering each loadout will create a different kind of load and drag profile. Slightly differently affect AoA at any different speed/altitude, which has a bunch of additional effects. Each update might break calculations. But getting ballpark numbers by testing should be possible.

Edited by Temetre

You could use the P-51 manual as a template:

In the back there are a bunch of charts by aircraft weight that includes all the altitudes, engine settings and their ranges. Also it is described how to calculate fuel use on the ground and during the climb. You also have to consider headwinds / other weather stuff.

If you live in a country where it's legal, you could just get the F-16 manual supplemental that has 1000s of charts and the drag indices of all the stores and the method by which you calculate the range of any given loadout.

Il 15/5/2023 at 20:09, bones1014 ha scritto:

Hi @bones1014 thank for this suggestion.

I searched FAQ section of combatflite but i didn't find an answer. Do you, or somebody else know if Combatflite works with DCS STEAM edition?

Thank in advance.

"If you low&slow you're BBQing, if you hot&fast you're grilling, if you low&fast you're flying an Apache"