Shouldn't the NSW button undesignate targets when pressed?

Fulgrim
Go to solution Solved by Tholozor,

Hi fam, I understand that the NWS button undesignates any L&S target that's currently locked when there is no other contact available to target in the FCS.

However, although I can switch between targets with no issue, I cannot undesignate any contact by pressing the NWS button. Is this intended behavior?

Thanks!

15 minutes ago, Fulgrim said:

Hi fam, I understand that the NWS button undesignates any L&S target that's currently locked when there is no other contact available to target in the FCS.

However, although I can switch between targets with no issue, I cannot undesignate any contact by pressing the NWS button. Is this intended behavior?

Thanks!

I've noticed this for years now and I think it had something to do with the amount of radar return so if you had a strong contact and you tried to undesginate it, it would still "default" to that contact.  But I never really saw anything in written evidence to support that.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

• Solution

In STT, the NWS/Undesignate button will drop the lock and return-to-search (RTS) to the previous search mode.

In RWS, the NWS/Undesignate button will step the L&S designation through all valid trackfiles (provided no DT2 is present, otherwise will swap L&S/DT2).

In TWS, the NWS/Undesignate button will perform the same function as RWS, except TWS demands an L&S is always present, and will set the highest ranked trackfile as L&S automatically when TWS is entered, provided no L&S is already present (this cannot be removed unless no valid trackfiles are present).

To remove an L&S designation in RWS, press the RSET button on the ATTK (PB14) or AZ/EL (PB17) formats.

Edited by Tholozor
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

4 hours ago, Tholozor said:

In STT, the NWS/Undesignate button will drop the lock and return-to-search (RTS) to the previous search mode.

In RWS, the NWS/Undesignate button will step the L&S designation through all valid trackfiles (provided no DT2 is present, otherwise will swap L&S/DT2).

In TWS, the NWS/Undesignate button will perform the same function as RWS, except TWS demands an L&S is always present, and will set the highest ranked trackfile as L&S automatically when TWS is entered, provided no L&S is already present (this cannot be removed unless no valid trackfiles are present).

To remove an L&S designation in RWS, press the RSET button on the ATTK (PB14) or AZ/EL (PB17) formats.

Thanks, this is super clear.