Power Settings for Dora (Cant keep the engine from overheating)

Winger

Could anyone please tell me some hard Data on Power Settings for the Dora for:
Max. Continuous
Combat (X Min.)
Emergency (X Min.)

Here in the forum and in manual i found the info that 1.42 ATA and 3000RPM is Max Continuous.
But when I fly like that my engine overheats and breaks after aproximately 45 mins. or so.

EDIT: In addition the following quiestion regarding MW50 usage.
Can I leave the MW50 Pump circuit breaker on the right ON at all times and only activate MW50 with the switch on the left side close to throttle or do i have to only turn on the curcuit breaker when I want to use MW50?

Thanks!

Edited by Winger

20 - 25 u/min (cant recall ata, but that autoadjusts) is your regular modus operandi, as in continuous flying setting.
25 - 30+ is combat setting.
30 is limited to 30 mins.
32+ (with mw50) 3 mins

make your you warm up your engine according to manual. most common error.

i dont touch the cowflaps. the auto regulation works great. i only touch these if the engine is damaged and i need extra cooling.

i only engage mw50 additionally and if i need it badly, eg. to extand from an enemy or that extra boost if i wanna climb like a scared monkey on a rope.
the circuit brakes are switched on all the time.
i only operate the mw50 switch when needed.

some leave it on permanently and go past 30 u/min if they wanna engage that, but you might be too focused on manouvering forget it for severl mins and then your engine quits.

In Dora power setting is only related to RPM

According to the DCS manual everything below 3000rpm has unlimited time and 3250rpm 30 min limit. Not sure about time limits when Mw50 is engaged.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Winger:

Max. Continuous
Combat (X Min.)
Emergency (X Min.)

Here in the forum and in manual i found the info that 1.42 ATA and 3000RPM is Max Continuous.
But when I fly like that my engine overheats and breaks after aproximately 45 mins. or so.

Can I leave the MW50 Pump circuit breaker on the right ON at all times and only activate MW50 with the switch on the left side close to throttle or do i have to only turn on the curcuit breaker when I want to use MW50?

Thanks!

could be related to this.

• 1 month later...
On 5/17/2023 at 8:06 AM, Winger said:

Max. Continuous
Combat (X Min.)
Emergency (X Min.)

Thanks!

The reason behind engine overheating might be actual speed you are flying with this settings. At different speeds radiator cools engine with different efficiency. At high speeds cooling is adequate and one does not need to think about max. continuous engine settings and radiators in auto position. If you are constantly maneuvering and keeping the plane at low speeds then auto cooling may not be sufficient. Open radiator more manually. That`s why it is easy to seize Dora`s engine shortly after take off at take off engine settings and radiators  left in auto position. Engine simply overheats before you manage to gain decent speed for radiator to become effective. Same applies to climbing.

You can leave MW50 circuit breaker ON in same fashion as when you turn nav. light ON circuit breaker and  forget about it for the rest of flight.

Screenshot (78).png

Edited by Rainbowgirl
  • Like 2

vor 16 Stunden schrieb Rainbowgirl:

The reason behind engine overheating might be actual speed you are flying with this settings. At different speeds radiator cools engine with different efficiency. At high speeds cooling is adequate and one does not need to think about max. continuous engine settings and radiators in auto position. If you are constantly maneuvering and keeping the plane at low speeds then auto cooling may not be sufficient. Open radiator more manually. That`s why it is easy to seize Dora`s engine shortly after take off at take off engine settings and radiators  left in auto position. Engine simply overheats before you manage to gain decent speed for radiator to become effective. Same applies to climbing.

You can leave MW50 circuit breaker ON in same fashion as when you turn nav. light ON circuit breaker and  forget about it for the rest of flight.

Screenshot (78).png

test it out,

3250RPM in lvl flight and make 30min.