F-14B ACLS 5 Bolter in a Row

Mikey74

Today i tried to land automatic with ACLS on CV-73, all settings where fine, but it feels like the Beauty is trying to catch the nonexistend 5th wire.

I had 5 bolters in a row until i used the Throttle for myself then.

Sorry, no Trackfile, just let me know, if there is something i could do wrong or even right 🙂

im sorry, this should have posted to the Bug-Forum

Edited by Mikey74
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 64GB DDR4-3600 MHz, Gigabyte Aorus Pro-P B550M, Zotac RTX 3090, Varjo Aero

Same with drifting long over the 4 wire. It seems to be a recent glitch, but most likely cause is as suggested above (optimised for legacy Hornet). 

I`'ve even played with setting the switch to"warm weather" on a actual "cold day" in a foolish attempt to get "less power" out of my engines! 

I prefer to fly the A model with speed brakes out and if you command a full "down" on the DLC just as you cross the ramp, you occasionally snag a 3 or 4 wire. 

I think I saw in a previous post a comment that the ACLS was never meant to control the aircraft down to the wires, but just close enough to allow the pilot take control in the last few seconds. All this F14 technology decades before UAVS operating from decks was even considered.

Finally google "magic carpet" to see where the future of reducing pilot workload in landing on a CV is going. I.e. the aircraft's computers will adjust the flaps continually rather than the pilots inputs to power to maintain glidepath

Edited by F1GHTS-ON
  • Thanks 1