How do I get rid of unused controller?

I used a PS3 controller for a while, but that wasn't right, so I uninstalled the drivers.
But it is still present in all control setups, occupying space, and is destracting.
Any way to get rid of it?
(I recently deleted all .lua files with its name)

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

Ensure the PS3 controller is unplugged. You should only see it in DCS when it's plugged in.

Another possibility: maybe you have a virtual device named after the PS3 controller (virtual devices are always "plugged in").

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Thanks, F!
it is not plugged in, and I'm sure it must be a virtual device that is "allways" plugged in as you suggest.
The "PC_PS3_Android {E876A040-26C3-11ed-8001-444553540000}.diff" file keeps coming back in the "joystick" folder..
I was hoping there was a more "central" entry I could delete somewhere..

Edited by Moxica

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

I found the unit (not in the device manager) but under "bluetooh and other units" in the windows  control panel, where I got to remove it.
Starting DCS to see if it worked.)

Edited by Moxica

..aand that worked.
Thank you. I've been struggling with this for months!
Your answer put me in the right direction thought-wise. (If there is such a term in english)

Darn! It keeps coming back when I reboot, and creates these files:

PC_PS3_Android {E876A040-26C3-11ed-8001-444553540000}.diff.lua

null

image.png

It might be a service starting with Windows. Try this:

1. Open a "cmd" window.
  2. Run this command: tasklist > export.log
  3. Attach the resulting export.log file here.
  • Like 1

Thanks a lot for hanging in there, F!
Will do as soon as I get home from work.

Hi again.

Here it is:

export.log

Edited by Moxica

Thank you. I don't see anything funny in your process. I was expecting Joystick Gremlin or somehing else related to virtual devices, but all I could find are "gameinputsvc.exe" (Windows component) and a bunch of Logitech apps.

Run "dxdiag" utility, click "Input", and check if your virtual devices are shown in the list (I'm 99% sure they will appear, otherwise DCS wouldn't see them). See if you can any useful indication.

Next, click "Save All Information...", save the Dxdiag.txt file, and attach it here. I'll take a look.

• Like 1

Yes.
I found it i the DXdiag. 
Thx again.

DxDiag.txt

12 minutes ago, HC_Official said:

use the built in devcon command line tool to disable the device every boot

Built in where? I don't seem to have it.

Or, if all else fails you can use a nice little utility called HidHide as well.

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Thanks, gentlemen!
I have a few options to try when I get home from work today.
If none succeed, I can still live with that little nuisance.
Thank you so much for your contributions.

Edited by Moxica

13 hours ago, Moxica said:

Built in where? I don't seem to have it.

ooops sorry devcon is an external download BUT good news pnputil  is built into windows

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/devtest/pnputil

examples

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/devtest/pnputil-command-syntax

• Like 2

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Update for success report;
I deleted blindly four or five USB controllers with a dubious report about "settings not migrated.." in device manager.
-Until my Thrustmaster went dark, and I could not use them.
Those were a few minutes of horror.
But I disconnected/reconnected to another USB port, and back to original, and they came back to life.
But today, the PS3/PC/Android thing was gone/replaced by another unused, and not-connected Xbox controller.
That one was removed easily, and the annoyance seem to be gone. -Even after reboot.
Thanks again for your engagement, which in my eyes is pretty darn close to heroic for such a tiny and self-inflicted pickle.
Much appreciated!

Edited by Moxica
  • Like 1

No special software: Device manager and "Settings/Bluetooth and units/units

• Thanks 1