Mission 3 - Manpad Frustration

Looking for some tips for this one.  Any advice (besides hitting the skip button) is welcomed at this point.  🤪

I have now flown this 3 times.  Taken out the SAMs and the ARTY, refuel and head to the "2 houses" TIC situation.  Armed with only a MK-83 and no TPOD, I am forced into a CCIP run.  Each time, I am taken out by the soldier with the Manpad.  This is becoming "punch your mother" maddening.  The last 2x I get the message that I took out the house before getting killed.  I am dropping flares and jinking away after the drop.  I must not be doing it violently enough or with enough flares, IDK.  

Should I be doing a dive bomb approach?  Low and fast?  Is there a particular direction I should approach from?  Heck, I just watched a video on this same mission and the poster doesn't even get shot at when dropping on the target!  Like a casual day at the range ...  🤬

Anyway, before I simply move on to the next mission, I figured I'd toss a lifeline out there and ask the experts for some advice.

Thanks.

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

12 minutes ago, Mistermann said:

Looking for some tips for this one.  Any advice (besides hitting the skip button) is welcomed at this point.  🤪

I have now flown this 3 times.  Taken out the SAMs and the ARTY, refuel and head to the "2 houses" TIC situation.  Armed with only a MK-83 and no TPOD, I am forced into a CCIP run.  Each time, I am taken out by the soldier with the Manpad.  This is becoming "punch your mother" maddening.  The last 2x I get the message that I took out the house before getting killed.  I am dropping flares and jinking away after the drop.  I must not be doing it violently enough or with enough flares, IDK.  

Should I be doing a dive bomb approach?  Low and fast?  Is there a particular direction I should approach from?  Heck, I just watched a video on this same mission and the poster doesn't even get shot at when dropping on the target!  Like a casual day at the range ...  🤬

Anyway, before I simply move on to the next mission, I figured I'd toss a lifeline out there and ask the experts for some advice.

Thanks.

Hi

A few videos here. The last one managed to release at 13000 feet. 

So release high, or medium and jink make sure to bang out those flares or even very low and fast using gun. ( It is a house full of armament)

Was it this one Good luck, can be done.  🤞🙂👍

Lookin For Trouble | DCS F/A-18C Hornet | Serpent's Head Part 2 Campaign Mission 3 | 4K 60FPS! - YouTube

• Like 1

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

My mother thanks you, @Badger633🤣

• Like 2

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

• 5 months later...

I was also having difficulty with avoiding the manpad whilst rolling into a ccip release. Many thanks for the suggestions Badger 633, the 13000feet release tactic worked for me. 

Had this campaign in my library for awhile and finally got around to playing it. I am about 70% through and having immersive fun, another great job by Badger 633; IMHO not as good as the Persian Lion campaigns but still a well crafted campaign. Nice touch with the airport debris in Mission 4.

i7-13700KF; RTX-4090; 32GB RAM; Quest 3; Virpil CM3 + VKB Gunfighter Mk.IV Modern Combat Edition Ultimate