No head Movement in REPLAY track file.

ouseler

I went to REPLAY on the main DCS home page and got into the multiplayer folder and picked the latest track file.  I played it and when I got to where I was in the pit, it did not record my head movements.  So basically, the track is useless to watch.  Does anyone know what could possibly be going on?

System Specs:

AMD 5950X (liquid-cooled), Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Pro Motherboard, 32 GB RAM DDR4 3200MHz, Samsung Evo 970 Plus 2 TB, Seagate 2TB SSD, Geforce RTX 4080 GPU, Rosewill Glacier 1000W Power Supply, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (Stick, Throttle), Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals, NaturalPoint TrackIR 5 w/ProClip, (1) Vizio 40" 4K Monitor, TPLink Dual Band Wireless Card, Window 11 OS

From what I experience tracks will only keep your head movement if you keep the view entirely in the F1 view. If you ever change that then it’s lost. 

• Like 1

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it would seem that as soon as we change the viewpoint, the head movement is completely lost...a huge pity!

P.S. Dev's confirm that until new replay sys will come out in the future, as soon as we change the view it's not possible anymore to re-enable the head movement in the replay.

Edited by TomcatFly
  • Like 1

As soon as you take control of the view in a track, you have control of the view going forward. The track has no mechanism for taking view control back. Been that way from the beginning.

• Like 1

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.