Lake Wake

dresoccer4

not sure if this is a bug or not but looks like the wakes of boats on the lakes is showing at the bottom of the lake instead on the surface. Also, in the F10 map view the ground elevation is showing the bottom of the lake instead of the surface (which is what matters). In a lot of places the elevation shown is negative. 

Can someone let me know if these are bugs or not? Cheers

image.png

null

Edited by dresoccer4
  • Like 1

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

4 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

Also, in the F10 map view the ground elevation is showing the bottom of the lake instead of the surface (which is what matters). In a lot of places the elevation shown is negative. 

Can someone let me know if these are bugs or not?

All DCS maps display depth instead of elevation when the cursor is over the water. It's a feature, not a bug. We have submarines in DCS, as you probably know 🙂

Edited by Minsky
  • Like 1

Dima | My DCS uploads

22 hours ago, Minsky said:

All DCS maps display depth instead of elevation when the cursor is over the water. It's a feature, not a bug. We have submarines in DCS, as you probably know 🙂

ok good to know it's not a bug. but seems strange to me as a pilot I would like to know the elevation of the surface of the water, not the elevation of the lake floor. one of those two is much more important. is it only like this in mission editor or F10 map as well. 

• Like 1

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules