C-101 Start Up Training Mission Stops at Aileron-Roll Check

Daemoc
Go to solution Solved by Rudel_chw,

Pretty much what the title said.

I have tried this twice and it stops at the same place. It states to move the stick left and right and in never goes to the next step. I have tried the HOTAS obviously as well as the keyboard. I even tried the trim. I would really like to know what this is expecting so I can move on.

This is like 30 minutes into the mission. If you look up frustration in the dictionary, this would be there.

• Like 1

Ryzen7 5800X3D - MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk MAX - 64Gb 3600MHz DDR4 - RX 6950 XT - SoundBlaster -Z

If I read the mission triggers correctly, you need to bank left and right (move stick left and right to it's extreme position). Do you have any curves / dead zones / or something double mapped in your controls setup so that the stick travel can not be maxed out? If time permits, I'll try on my end.

Do you use stable or OB (single / multi threaded)?

EDIT: Can confirm your findings. Mission will not proceed in Step 11 of after startup checklist. Doing aileron control check, nothing proceeds and there is no option to proceed with spacebar or something like this.

Track can be found in the following link as it's quite large: C-101FA-Lesson-01-Start-Up-V4.miz_23052023_115500.trk

Edited by gulredrel
added track and testing info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the confirmation. Also thanks for posting the track, that is above and beyond. 👍

I probably should have done that myself, but I was so frustrated at the time I did not think about it.

At least I know I am not missing something or doing something wrong. Hopefully there is an easy fix/update in the future.

• Like 1

Ryzen7 5800X3D - MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk MAX - 64Gb 3600MHz DDR4 - RX 6950 XT - SoundBlaster -Z

• Solution
6 hours ago, Daemoc said:

Hopefully there is an easy fix/update in the future.

Seems that there is a small error on the trigger that checks the flight stick left movement .. try this corrected version of the mission.

Disclaimer: I'm not related to Aviodev, and I tested just the step affected, didn't test the whole mission as it has no way to skip long voiceovers ... a bad design decision in my opinion, as it discourages repeating the mission if the user was left with any doubt, as it becames tedious hearing the whole thing again.

C-101FA-Lesson-01-Start-Up-V4.miz

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

Seems that there is a small error on the trigger that checks the flight stick left movement .. try this corrected version of the mission.

Disclaimer: I'm not related to Aviodev, and I tested just the step affected, didn't test the whole mission as it has no way to skip long voiceovers ... a bad design decision in my opinion, as it discourages repeating the mission if the user was left with any doubt, as it becames tedious hearing the whole thing again.

C-101FA-Lesson-01-Start-Up-V4.miz 34.03 MB · 3 downloads

Thanks, that worked like a charm! I can finally move on.

I did not know we had access to those mission files. I never bothered to look. Had I known I would have attempted to fix it myself.

Thanks again for the quick fix, I appreciate it. 👍

• Like 2

16 hours ago, gulredrel said:

Thanks @Rudel_chw,

Have I seen it correctly, you changed the arguments in range min / max values 0.9/-0.9 to 0.5/-0.5 for the cockpit argument in range aileron roll axis triggers?

Yes, I changed those ... I guessed that argument 2 returned the roll position of the flight stick, a value from -1 (full left) to 1 (full right). A typical problem with trying to read the stick position is that many users have fairly imprecise joysticks, so they typically don't return exactly 0 when centered, nor do they reach -1 or 1 when fully deflected.

So, I edited the trigger to recognize as a Left Stick the range -1 to -0.5; and a right stick the range 0.5 to 1 .. this gives a more reliable reading.

16 hours ago, gulredrel said:

How can someone identify the plane / cockpit argument numbers and it's values to use them as triggers?

Arguments are normally associated with knobs and switches of the cockpit and you can identify them on the clickabledata.lua file (the C-101 actually has several files of this type because of its two variants EB and CC, where the controls common to both are on clickabledata_common.lua).

However, the flight stick is not a clickable control on itself (disregarding that you can click on it to hide it), so the argument 2 does not show up there ... ir is an undocumented argument, only the developer knows about it.

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 5/24/2023 at 3:19 PM, Rudel_chw said:

Yes, I changed those ... I guessed that argument 2 returned the roll position of the flight stick, a value from -1 (full left) to 1 (full right). A typical problem with trying to read the stick position is that many users have fairly imprecise joysticks, so they typically don't return exactly 0 when centered, nor do they reach -1 or 1 when fully deflected.

So, I edited the trigger to recognize as a Left Stick the range -1 to -0.5; and a right stick the range 0.5 to 1 .. this gives a more reliable reading.

Arguments are normally associated with knobs and switches of the cockpit and you can identify them on the clickabledata.lua file (the C-101 actually has several files of this type because of its two variants EB and CC, where the controls common to both are on clickabledata_common.lua).

However, the flight stick is not a clickable control on itself (disregarding that you can click on it to hide it), so the argument 2 does not show up there ... ir is an undocumented argument, only the developer knows about it.

@Rudel_chw

BOSS...

Saca111

• Like 3