Return of a bug. ASL not fixed to target point in auto.

Holbeach

This is a bug that was present in the original release and was corrected. It has now returned.

I am using old videos to illustrate the point and save having to make new ones to show the same thing.

This shows the original and present none fixed ASL at low level. At higher altitudes it gets worse and degrades the accuracy considerably.

After the original fix,This shows the ASL as it should be, fixed to the target point.

The ASL at present is incorrect.

Please stop me if this is all known.

• Thanks 2

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

9 minutes ago, lukeXIII said:

Looks like it's not fixed to the designation in IRL hud footage (although this a RAF harrier and not an av8b)

The ASL likely displaces from the designation diamond by a fixed amount when it's correcting for wind.

That's not what we see in DCS where the distance between ASL and target diamond changes with the FPM/aircraft heading. 

• Thanks 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

1 hour ago, Ramsay said:

The ASL likely displaces from the designation diamond by a fixed amount when it's correcting for wind.

That's not what we see in DCS where the distance between ASL and target diamond changes with the FPM/aircraft heading. 

From the video the distance changes as he moves off target

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lukeXIII said:

From the video the distance changes as he moves off target

However it doesn't match the diagrams, etc. found in the 2002 Tac Manual Vol 1.

AFAIK Razbam are consulting with SME's to confirm the correct ASL behaviour.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Here is the original thread on the subject.

It wasn't exactly a bug but more like incorrectly implemented.

This argument went on for nearly a year and was eventually resolved April 2019 when the ASL was deemed to be fixed to the diamond.

I made a video to record the event. (seen in another thread).

Natops TAC-000 shows it as fixed to the diamond.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

5 hours ago, Holbeach said:

Here is the original thread on the subject.

It wasn't exactly a bug but more like incorrectly implemented.

This argument went on for nearly a year and was eventually resolved April 2019 when the ASL was deemed to be fixed to the diamond.

I made a video to record the event. (seen in another thread).

Natops TAC-000 shows it as fixed to the diamond.

Due to this misconception, the windage correction has not worked properly for years. Now works properly.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Some sort of bug or problem acknowledgement, would be nice.

The F-15E, shows the correct operation of the ASL, connected to the diamond.

• Like 1

The The AV 8B, now shows the correct operation of the ASL, connected to the target diamond.

• Like 2