Navigation data on HUD

deez
Go to solution Solved by _SteelFalcon_,

So...I've done the tutorials and read Chuck's guides, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the steerpoint information to display in my HUD.

When I do the startup tutorial, it ends with the HUD navigation data being blank, even after turning the EGI to NAV. When I do the T/O tutorial, the system is already displaying the NAV data. How do I get the NAV data if I am doing a cold start?

9 hours ago, deez said:

So...I've done the tutorials and read Chuck's guides, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the steerpoint information to display in my HUD.

When I do the startup tutorial, it ends with the HUD navigation data being blank, even after turning the EGI to NAV. When I do the T/O tutorial, the system is already displaying the NAV data. How do I get the NAV data if I am doing a cold start?

Read ones again, and again, ... u know 🙂 Its all there.

1 hour ago, _SteelFalcon_ said:

Wild guess: your INS alignment is faulty.

My guess as well. OP, are you doing full or stored alignment.

If doing full alignment, make sure to "confirm" the coordinates using the enter key on the ICP

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

So, the HSD data is good. Ownship position and routing is good. And the steering cues on the HUD are good. What I can't figure out is how to display the steerpoint number and range in the bottom right corner of the HUD.

54 minutes ago, deez said:

So, the HSD data is good. Ownship position and routing is good. And the steering cues on the HUD are good. What I can't figure out is how to display the steerpoint number and range in the bottom right corner of the HUD.

I think what you describe is an alignment issue. If you do a normal alignment and forget to confirm the positional data on the DED, you can get that.

Please quickly describe how you do your alignment, as normal alignment has changed a bit and that might not yet been reflected in the manual. Or try again with a stored heading alignment, as this is more straight forward (and faster).

Edited by twistking