Mission Editor Trigger for Smoke Pod

Go to solution Solved by Rudel_chw,

Hello! I am trying to make a trigger in the mission editor that checks if the smoke pod is being fired, specifically in the F/A-18C. I have been looking in all the lua files to find if there is a parameter that corresponds to the smoke pod for use with X: COCKPIT PARAM but no luck. Any idea how I can create that trigger? Thanks

1 hour ago, Orestis said:

I am trying to make a trigger in the mission editor that checks if the smoke pod is being fired, specifically in the F/A-18C.

Hi,

I'd like to help, but I have never used a smoke pod on the Hornet, can you explain how you activate or fire it?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hello! Thanks for the interest. The smoke pod can be mounted in the SMK payload slot in the rearm page. You can then bind a key for Smoke Device ON/OFF. Hit it and paint the sky! Problem is I don't think there is a clickable button in the cockpit for the smoke device. Or, if there is, I haven't found it.

• Solution
7 hours ago, Orestis said:

The smoke pod can be mounted in the SMK payload slot in the rearm page. You can then bind a key for Smoke Device ON/OFF. Hit it and paint the sky! Problem is I don't think there is a clickable button in the cockpit for the smoke device. Or, if there is, I haven't found it.

Not clickable, but the binding can be detected on a trigger, it is command 3019 of device 7. The only problem is that it is a toggle ON/OFF, so you are forced to use a Flag to remember the status of the smoke pod (active or inactive) and flip-flop the flag each time the user executes the smoke command ... it looks like this:

JIQPWrJ.jpg

I'm attaching this test mission so you can try it and then adapt the technique to your own mission.

F-18C - Test Smoke (by Rudel-chw).miz

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB