Viggen still in Early Access 6 years later

Glowingheat

So the Viggen is still in the Early Access period - ED states  "Eagle Dynamics and all of our third parties strive to make this period as short as possible".  The release of the Viggen was 2017 I believe - so what if anything is left to be fixed or implemented?

I ask as a frequent Viggen driver, and not wishing to complain or whine, just curious what is left to be completed?

I read many months ago about new sounds being implemented, but I may have missed that - did that get implemented when the engine whine was implemented?  

• Like 3

I totally love the Viggen. Look and feel are top notch. For me personally, the sounds could be a bit better. Some of the switches and rotary knobs don't sount that good. It's not a huge deal, but I love good sounds, and they add a lot to the immersion for me. It'd be great if the Viggen was up to the standard of the Hind or P-47...

Edited by Mik75
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greets,

Michael

2 hours ago, Glowingheat said:

So the Viggen is still in the Early Access period - ED states  "Eagle Dynamics and all of our third parties strive to make this period as short as possible".  The release of the Viggen was 2017 I believe - so what if anything is left to be fixed or implemented?

I ask as a frequent Viggen driver, and not wishing to complain or whine, just curious what is left to be completed?

I read many months ago about new sounds being implemented, but I may have missed that - did that get implemented when the engine whine was implemented?  

There are still quite a few bugs&issues , have your own look into the bugs -section of this forum.

Also there is still the PBR Texture overhaul of the cockpit and the accompanying Draken AI to implement as far as I’m aware.

Dont get me wrong , in comparison to other EA modules the Viggen is already quite feature rich and some of those features are really very generous gifts from heatblur, which certainly far surpass the scope of what  is the standard / average for DCS modules .

Also have a look at the AJS 37 Parts of the heatblur trello map if you haven’t already:

https://trello.com/b/HsMiJggJ/heatblur-public-roadmap

regards. 

snappy 

Edited by Snappy
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, Snappy said:

There are still quite a few bugs&issues , have your own look into the bugs -section of this forum.

Also there is still the PBR Texture overhaul of the cockpit and the accompanying Draken AI to implement as far as I’m aware.

Dont get me wrong , in comparison to other EA modules the Viggen is already quite feature rich and some of those features are really very generous gifts from heatblur, which certainly surpass the scope that is the standard / average for DCS modules .

Also have a look at the AJS 37 Parts of the heatblur trello map if you haven’t already:

https://trello.com/b/HsMiJggJ/heatblur-public-roadmap

regards. 

snappy 

Thanks Snappy, will look at those. Was just curious because I have lost track of someof those features - forgot about the PBR overhaul.  Draken AI would be good to see, as will the OrbX Kola map.  I particularly like the recon ability which can't be found in any other module as yet.  Perhaps they could work on a U-2 next (kidding).

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Glowingheat said:

Thanks Snappy, will look at those. Was just curious because I have lost track of someof those features - forgot about the PBR overhaul.  Draken AI would be good to see, as will the OrbX Kola map.  I particularly like the recon ability which can't be found in any other module as yet.  Perhaps they could work on a U-2 next (kidding).

Yes, I look forward to the Kola map too! It will be a very good setting for the Viggen :))

• Like 5