Radar cursor speed too slow

Terzi

Hello,

I setup my TDC cursor axis to have no deadzones in hardware and DCS settings. On the FCR I get zero deadzone (as intended) where I can move the cursor with excellent slow rates precision. But in Maverick WPN page there is a hidden deadzone that you can never get rid of. You need to move it up to some point (let's say 5%), and only after that point, maverick screen will move with 6% input rate. You can never move it with e.g 2% control.

If the cursor graphs would be visible just like Right Ctrl + Enter I could show it. Please try yourself and if you cannot generate, I will try to make a video. Thanks!

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]

The Radar cursor speed is too slow compared to the real deal. Is there a way to speed it up?

I don’t have any curves and my radar cursor switch on my WW Throttle is correctly calibrated. 
Wonder if there is any option to  increase the speed. 

8 minutes ago, Furiz said:

Can you show us the real deal?

Don’t have access anymore, but it’s significantly slower. Doesn’t really matter when you are moving the cursor around the screen, but when you quickly want to change between A6 & A3 it’s annoying. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Oceandar said:

I don't know about the real thing but I like cursor speed of Viper more than Hornet after ED tuned it more faster.

It’s just too slow when you use it to switch screens. I think the real cursor might follow a curve. You need to be able to switch screens really quick while retaining the ability to do precise cursor work. 

• Like 1

Just use a curve with "+" setting/number and it will get much faster around center.

5600x, EVGA 3070 FTW, B550 Tomahawk, M.2 Samsung, 32GB CL16, AIO 240mm
VKB Gladiator Pro, Freetracker IR 3d printed, TM MkII HOTAS circa 1985 w/USB
Asus 27" 2560x1440 60fps (so constrain DCS to 60fps)    F-16, F-18
       2021 = First year on DCS:

2 hours ago, ACME_WIdgets said:

Just use a curve with "+" setting/number and it will get much faster around center.

Its the max speed thats the problem. Not the speed around center. To flip quickly between A3/A6 you use max deflection. Same with changing range.

• Like 1

And its faster slewing Maverick seeker heads around, makes it really a challenge not to overshoot with the crosshair, while the speed on the TGP is slower.

Dont know if this inconsistency in speed is realistic or not. But its impossible to assign an input curve to the mini stick / radar cursor that is convenient for all sensors.

• Like 1

The real aircraft has what you'd call in windows mouse acceleration, basically is sense pressure so can be extremely fast when needed or extremely precise if force applied is subtle.

In this video you can kind of see how the tdc accelarates in certain moments.

• Like 4

Very interesting. So wait, what youre saying is that the radar cursor mini stick is force sensing like the F16 side stick too? Which means it does not move, or just little as the side stick?

Are you a pilot or F16 maintainer and share some more insight?

20 hours ago, VarZat said:

I believe the ministick is indeed force-sensing. I think the early pre MLU ones was full travel though

Hi the F-16 throttle microstick in reality is not force sensing , it is move in X/Y/Z  axes , but i think in the lua you can edit the values of cursor movement to make it move quicker.

• 3 weeks later...

This needs a contrary evidence? How? Should I jump in a real F-16 (I wish I could) and make a video? This is about usability. Please test this: Try moving the Maverick WPN cursor by tiny amounts. You will understand the problem for sure.

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]

This needs a contrary evidence? How? Should I jump in a real F-16 (I wish I could) and make a video? This is about usability. Please test this: Try moving the Maverick WPN cursor by tiny amounts. You will understand the problem for sure.
there already a video above showing the speed of the TDC, now it is indeed a bit too slow, or at least is not possible to bump it quick enough.

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk

• Like 1

I think my original point was not clear. I was not complaining about FCR cursor speed. The problem I described above is: Maverick WPN page has some hidden deadzone and you can have hard time doing minor adjustments. (Was the topic title somehow changed?)

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]

20 hours ago, Terzi said:

I think my original point was not clear. I was not complaining about FCR cursor speed. The problem I described above is: Maverick WPN page has some hidden deadzone and you can have hard time doing minor adjustments. (Was the topic title somehow changed?)

No. Title has always been:

Radar cursor speed too slow

• Like 2

Okay the title is fine. How about the hidden deadzone in maverick WPN page that I mentioned in the 1st post? Is it going to be fixed or needs evidence? Has ED even looked at it?

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]