Ground vehicle embarkment/disembarkment trouble

twistking

Hello,
i have trouble getting infantry out of a ground transport. Sometimes no unit will disembark, someone only 1 single unit will disembark; only once did i manage to get the whole group disembarked. Every time i followed the same steps, so i don't know if my procedure is wrong, or if this is still super buggy.

My process:
Place infantry group and another group with only a truck.
Give infantry group embark order and give a second waypoint where they should go after disembarkemt.
Give truck an order for embarkment, make checkpoint "at start" (so that group will start already embarked), select infantry group from the list and "add" them to cargo. Notice that cargo now has "6/30" to verify that all infantry are accounted for.
Give truck a move waypoint and a disembark order. On disembark select infantry group and verify that cargo now shows "0/30" within the disembar screen.

In mission verify that infantry group is not visible on the map to verify they must be "embarked". Watch mission play out and notice that in most cases noone or only one of six infantry will disembark the truck.

Did i do something wrong?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Atazar SPN said:

I have experienced the error you mention before and it seems to be something random. Possibly the error is not on your part. There are interaction problems between ground troops and transport vehicles. One of the failures will be to operate between islands, when there is sea between two positions and another error will be that the transport will not continue its route by road after having embarked troops.

I'm sorry I can't help you.

I hope you're luckier than me. Both bugs were reported recently without success. In the case of the land vehicle refusing to continue its road route after embarking troops, the report is from a year ago and was never acknowledged.

thanks for the reply.
that's really sad. i think i will try once more without the "at start" checkmark. if this still gives random errors, i will just not use embarkment until it will be fixed eventually...

I've seen it several times before where a disembarking group does not include all units immediately. Upon the AI controller getting a task or maybe when the group starts moving, the remaining units appear in the group.