Sortie 1 - broken or I'm doing something wrong?

there is an AI issue in DCS I found out.

if they don't stack in the correct order during taxi, they tends to crash into eachother. They don't seems to have a sense of giving way.

make sure you let all the other groups pass if they have to taxi by your position before giving the ok to your element lead. This way they tends to avoid trouble and as an added bonus you get time to warm up nicely and do your checks. Also feel free to taxi last if you want to avoid racing with them

Only exception is the Scamble Mission. You have to depart before turban yellow and they will stop by your position and wait for you to taxi before they go for some reason.

Also in other campaign when you are the full leader, you need to wait for your 4 ship group to be up in the air before giving the wing rejoin order (I found it out in BNBOB) or they will collide as well... 

Not a reflected issue... it's a DCS AI stupidity... 

I had to restard a few mission thanks to that... or I'd be alone or just have 1 wingman for the whole flight

• Like 2

I have to do more testing. But so far conclusion is that nobody will move if I don't give OK to element lead. I tried to wait for him and few more that were close, and they survived, but those behind me again crashed. Maybe I have to give OK and wait for everyone to takeoff?

Screenshot from game... Blue arrow is active runway, red is where these guys start rolling (on imaginary runway?) and then explode.

null

image.png

@Reflected repair did not help. But I noticed one strange thing, maybe related to AI behavior problems. If I understand correctly, left of me should be my element lead (Gimlet yellow 3), but there is Gimlet red 3. I would expect same flight aircraft to be close to each other. But when looking at tacview, it's all mixed up with parking locations and with order of takeoff.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Columbar said:

Same problem here.

I was able to get everyone to take off by asking ATC to start up through the normal radio menus, giving my element lead the OK as soon as it was available, then using the F2 view to make sure everyone else was either in the air or almost to the runway before I requested taxi and started moving.