ARIO Commands not working anymore (Solved)

TimSell75

I used to use the ARIO plugin for the F14 but the ARIO commands don´t seem to work anymore. All other Vaicom commands work fine as far as I can tell.

When I use the speech training, the commands are recognized perfectly. But outside of training, Vacicom does not recognize them.

• The dll is in the extensions folder
  • the commands appear in the profile (see screenshots: Commands in profile, unrecognized commands in normal use, recognized commands in speech training).
  • ARIO Extension is enabled in the EX Tab

Even the "Jester Options" command is not working to bring up the alternate wheel.

I also  did a complete reinstall of Vaicom, erased everything related from the PC (saved games, DCS folder etc.), did a DCS repair and installed the newest community version 2.8.3.3.

Unfortunately it did not help. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot in advance!

2023-05-28 01_33_33-Edit a Profile.png

2023-05-28 01_24_00-VoiceAttack.png

2023-05-28 01_09_56-VoiceAttack.png

Edited by TimSell75

🖥️ i5-13600K, 64GB DDR4 3200, RTX4090 24GB, M2 PCIe 1TB   🥽 Pimax Crystal   🕹️ Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster TPR Rudders

I need to test those commands when I get home. I'm not that into all the AIRIO commands yet, but the ones I know work fine for me.
On my cell, so I can't see your first screenshot. But you did do the "Finish" step? That's all I can think of from the top of my head.

NB: There's never any reason to re-install of VAICOM. All settings resides in files in the VA folder, and if one has problems, just use the reset options in the control panel, and do a DCS repair like you did.

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks, MAXsenna, D3adCy11nd3r on Discord helped me with it in the meantime. Great Help!

It was indeed the finish step which I never had to use before. So what you need to do is:

- Open the Vaicom Control panel (Ctrl+Alt+C)

- Go to the Editor tab

- Click on "Test"

- Click on "Finish"

- The full command set will now be copied to your clipboard

- Go to the profile Editor (Alt+E)

- Go to the line "Keyword Collections"

- Double Click "AI Communications"

- Mark everything in "When I say" with Ctrl+A

- Click Delete

- Use "Ctrl+V" to paste the full commands set previously stored in your clipboard to the field

- Click on "Ok"

- Click on "Apply" and "Done" in the Profile Editor

-> Now ARIO commands should be available again

Edited by TimSell75
  • Like 1

🖥️ i5-13600K, 64GB DDR4 3200, RTX4090 24GB, M2 PCIe 1TB   🥽 Pimax Crystal   🕹️ Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster TPR Rudders

• TimSell75 changed the title to ARIO Commands not working anymore (Solved)

Thanks, MAXsenna, D3adCy11nd3r on Discord helped me with it in the meantime. Great Help!
It was indeed the finish step which I never had to use before. So what you need to do is:
- Open the Vaicom Control panel (Strg+Alt+C)
- Go to the Editor tab
- Click on "Test"
- Click on "Finish"
- The full command set will now be copied to your clipboard
- Go to the profile Editor (Alt+E)
- Go to the line "Keyword Collections"
- Double Click "AI Communications"
- Mark everything in "When I say" with Strg+A
- Click Delete
- Use "Strg+V" to paste the full commands set previously stored in your clipboard to the field
- Click on "Ok"
- Click on "Apply" and "Done" in the Profile Editor
-> Now ARIO commands should be available again

Awesome! I had a feeling it was the missing step.

I'm curious, you write "Strg" which will be "Ctrl" on an English/international keyboard. German?

Cheers!

vor 1 Stunde schrieb MAXsenna:

Awesome! I had a feeling it was the missing step.

I'm curious, you write "Strg" which will be "Ctrl" on an English/international keyboard. German?

Cheers!

Yeah, German and it was early in the morning. Had try to get it working the whole night, corrected Strg to Ctrl now 😄

Edited by TimSell75
  • Like 1

vor 3 Stunden schrieb hreich:

When usin AIRIO - can you have options to see jester wheel or is it disabled? I would like to have it available, but don't know if it is possible in comunity version?

You can have something similar by calling „jester options“

When usin AIRIO - can you have options to see jester wheel or is it disabled? I would like to have it available, but don't know if it is possible in comunity version?
The Jester wheel is "hidden", because you will see the wheel briefly after each command. If you start VA after you're in the F-14, it's not hidden. But you have to restart DCS before every mission. You could probably add the option as a wish.

Cheers!

• 2 months later...