Constant crash on DCS, help me to identify the problem.

Blaine Stars
Go to solution Solved by Blaine Stars,

hello everybody.

I'm having constant crashes in the DCS and I would like help to identify the problem, I'll post the last 4 logs from today. If anyone can help me identify the problem I would appreciate it.

dcs.log dcs.log-20230527-212658.zip dcs.log-20230527-223825.zip dcs.log-20230527-223845.zip dcs.log-20230528-005202.zip

Edited by Blaine Stars

• Blaine Stars changed the title to Constant crash on DCS, help me to identify the problem.

If you disable your user mods, the system still crashes?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

38 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

If you disable your user mods, the system still crashes?

yes, it still crashes. I don't know how to read the logs, could you tell me what the logs say?

17 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

have  your  tried  the  repair  option at all

yes, I did, and not just once.

nullI used the repair command again with the all option, a question, I only have 3 mods at the moment, A-4EC, Hercules and UH-60L do these mods cause problems? they are inside the saved games, and many servers have these mods...do i need to remove them?

image.png

yes   you  can  remove  them  too  see if  you  dont  see  any more  crashes if  you still  crash  you  can  put  them in.  Does  it  crash if you dont  fly  in the  servers  at all is  the  first place i start from  to see if  its   server issues

I also have constant crashes.
I can’t fly more than 15 minutes without a crash.
The more crashes are crash to desktop and some are full reboot of my pc.
I’m so frustrated 🥲

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, PanosI said:

some are full reboot of my pc.

that sounds more like a hardware problem than a DCS one, only happens when running DCS and never with other software?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

3 minutes ago, PanosI said:

Only with DCS.

but you do run other demanding games also, isn’t  it?  Is your pc or graphics card being overclocked? … please attach your dcs.log to look for clues.

10 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

but you do run other demanding games also, isn’t  it?  Is your pc or graphics card being overclocked? … please attach your dcs.log to look for clues.

MSFS2020, XPLANE 12, PRECISION SIMULATOR 10.

No problem with any of them.

I had CTDs from day 1 with DCS.

My PC is overclocked I am not sure about the 3090.

I’ll do in a few hours when I’ll return home.

Thanks for the help.

OP sorry for the hijack.

EDIT:

For now here is a file attached from a few days back

Edited by PanosI

Have you tested your memory with something like Memtest86+?  I had bad memory on my machine for who knows how long.  The computer will run fine until it tries to access the bad location, and it may just be luck that the other sims haven't hit that location.

Have you tested your memory with something like Memtest86+?  I had bad memory on my machine for who knows how long.  The computer will run fine until it tries to access the bad location, and it may just be luck that the other sims haven't hit that location.

The fist thing that I’ll do when I’ll return home.

13 hours ago, pete_auau said:

yes   you  can  remove  them  too  see if  you  dont  see  any more  crashes if  you still  crash  you  can  put  them in.  Does  it  crash if you dont  fly  in the  servers  at all is  the  first place i start from  to see if  its   server issues

a server that I have the most crashes is on RotorHeads, it happens casually on others.

I would like to learn how to read the logs, can someone teach me or show me the way? I've passed 4 logs in the main post, but I still don't know what they say about the problem.

Edited by Blaine Stars

1 hour ago, Blaine Stars said:

a server that I have the most crashes is on RotorHeads, it happens casually on others.

I would like to learn how to read the logs, can someone teach me or show me the way? I've passed 4 logs in the main post, but I still don't know what they say about the problem.

hello. have a look here @Flappie created a good topic that covers / deciphers reading the logs.

some things i saw in the log you posted in first entry.

2023-05-28 00:50:46.275 INFO    APP (Main): CPU cores: 10, threads: 16, System RAM: 32509 MB, Pagefile: 11026 MB

see if creating a static pagefile to 32 GB helps.

also try to disable mods if you have any.

• Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

5 hours ago, Glide said:

Memtest86+ is running for an hour now and unfortunately came up with 4 errors so far 😞

6 months old ram.

3 minutes ago, PanosI said:

Memtest86+ is running for an hour now and unfortunately came up with 4 errors so far 😞

6 months old ram.

are you testing each stick individually? perhaps the error is on one stick.

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Just now, silverdevil said:

are you testing each stick individually? perhaps the error is on one stick.

No, i just boot from the USB stick with the Memtest and began the test. Didn't touch anything in the pc.

1 minute ago, PanosI said:

No, i just boot from the USB stick with the Memtest and began the test. Didn't touch anything in the pc.

see if memtest calls out which stick has the fault. not sure if it does.

1 hour ago, PanosI said:

6 months old ram.

Just dial back the overclock. It‘s as simple as this. Any overclock can only be regarded as stable when any application runs without problems. You can be stable in 9 and crash in the tenth. Perfectly normal. Every application loads the hardware differently.

Also, don‘t forget that we approach summer. 2 dgrees ambient can make or break an overclock. 

Your mem problems may also disappear when you reduce the cpu clock.

(but it could of course be that your sticks simply can’t handle their xmp profile).

Make one change at a time and test until you found the bottleneck.

Edited by Hiob

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Just dial back the overclock. It‘s as simple as this. Any overclock can only be regarded as stable when any application runs without problems. You can be stable in 9 and crash in the tenth. Perfectly normal. Every application loads the hardware differently.
Also, don‘t forget that we approach summer. 2 dgrees ambient can make or break an overclock. 
Your mem problems may also disappear when you reduce the cpu clock.
(but it could of course be that your sticks simply can’t handle their xmp profile).
Make one change at a time and test until you found the bottleneck.

10 errors after 3 hours and it’s not finished yet.

Super time consuming these tests.

For starters I’ll remove the XMP profile from the ram and I’ll see how it goes.

You don’t believe that is a faulty ram ?

You can identify the bad stick by removing one, testing, and then swaping the one tested for the other (2 stick method).  However, you replace them in pairs, so if you have 4 sticks read the mobo manual for which slots go together, then test two at a time until you find the bad pair.  If you only have two sticks it doesn't really matter which one is bad because you will have to order a new pair.  You can run the computer with just one stick until the new pair arrives.  I'm not sure if 3 sticks work though.  (read the mobo manual to be sure)  If you have 4 sticks, find the bad pair, order a new pair, and run with two sticks until the memory arrives.

BTW, I had RGB memory (with the LEDs), and I went to non-RGB memory.  I can't say if the LEDs where a factor in the memory failure, but the non-LED type works just fine.

Edited by Glide

2 hours ago, PanosI said:

You don’t believe that is a faulty ram ?

Not necessarily, faulty ram is extremely rare as far as I can tell. But instabilities due to stressed memory controller, high clocks, high temps etc. are very common. There’s a reason that hardware can be overclocked often but not always. The manufacturer specs it to a „save“ number, where 99,9 out of 100 items won‘t fail. But any given chip can have more or less headroom. Overclocking (and or over or undervolting) is fine. I do it too. But whenever you experience crashes, the tuning should be your first suspect. Just to rule it out.

I‘ll give you an example. I can overclock the VRAM on my 3080 up to 1000 MHz (on water) and successfully run 3DMark timespy. But as much as a 300 MHz overclock will crash in DCS. 

On the other hand I can undervolt the GPU to 950mV @ 2100Mhz and run DCS without problem. But 3DMark will crash immediately.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"