Special option to disable afterburner while using the thrust reverser?

Inf

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think the thrust reverser disengages if the afterburner goes on?
Which makes it really tricky to get to max reverse thrust if your throttle doesn't have a detent.

I get that it's a safety thing: if the pilot's gone for full thrust you can assume there's some kind of emergency...but I'd really like to see an override setting where when the thrust reverser's engaged, your throttle's max range just goes up to mil power. Or some other kind of override to stop the afterburner lighting.

Thoughts?

I'm guessing you don't have a detent for your throttle to stop you from going into afterburner by mistake? 

As that's how the actual plane works your options would be a deviation from reality which I don't think will be given much energy.

On 5/28/2023 at 9:32 AM, Inf said:

Yep, no detent.

For that reason I am using the AB cut-off switch.

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

On 5/28/2023 at 8:09 PM, MYSE1234 said:

The afterburner is already disabled when the reverser is engaged.

Awesome, thankyou.. For some reason I thought it disengaged when you went max burn, so I'd been holding the throttle at like 3/4 trying not to afterburn.

Edited by Inf

On 5/30/2023 at 1:40 PM, Inf said:

Awesome, thankyou.. For some reason I thought it disengaged when you went max burn, so I'd been holding the throttle at like 3/4 trying not to afterburn.

The thrust reverser doesn't activate until the front gear is compressed. So if you're a bit too fast with applying full thrust you might fire up the afterburner before the thrust reverser deploys

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1