1.1 Copy protection

Wags

I haven't felt a need to post on the Lockon.ru boards before and it looks like I missed all the fun, but this is good news. I've had my own bad experience with this "Starforce" -- several months ago I bought Heroes of WW2 and was left with a $60 paperweight, serious problems running my Nero burning software, and many hours of my time wasted... I'm hoping I won't have to deal with it ever again. Hopefully ED will find both an effective and reasonable copy-protection system for FC and future add-ons.

I'm very pleased of this semi-official statement.

One last note: I understand the need of a basic copy protection for this game, but I also think that it isn't worth investing huge capitals on this issue, since this game is gonna be bought mostly by people within this community, IMHO, and I don't think there are many "crackers" able or willing to hack the executable to save just $ 35. I could be wrong but in my opinion we have already proved to be a faithful community, that appreciates and supports ED's activity.

So I don't think "hacking to save money" is the attitude of the typical Lomac fan. This usually happens in other kinds of games, with a larger "audience".

This is not to diminish the value of FC, but it's just a fact, ours is a quite small community.

Matteo

Small community or not, I found LOMAC, iL2 PF, and every other flight simulation amid all the pirated games, DVD movies, musics and every other software you can imagine at this IT Mall in Bangkok.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

I haven't felt a need to post on the Lockon.ru boards before and it looks like I missed all the fun, but this is good news. I've had my own bad experience with this "Starforce" -- several months ago I bought Heroes of WW2 and was left with a $60 paperweight, serious problems running my Nero burning software, and many hours of my time wasted... I'm hoping I won't have to deal with it ever again. Hopefully ED will find both an effective and reasonable copy-protection system for FC and future add-ons.

Did you DL the removal tool from tne Codemasters Website?

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

Small community or not, I found LOMAC, iL2 PF, and every other flight simulation amid all the pirated games, DVD movies, musics and every other software you can imagine at this IT Mall in Bangkok.

IL2 has a large community to be a sim. Lomac was supposed to become the new benchmark in flight sim, like it was Falcon 4 years ago. Lomac was also one of the products of Ubi. Now the interest in LockOn is mainly brought out by this community, and I don't think FC will attract many more customers, at least in the western market.

But that's my point. Put a protection, but a cheap and simple one.... even the most sophisticated protections after a few weeks are cracked. Those which are not cracked are safe just because they belong to games that no one cares about.

So instead of buying expensive (yet flawed) 3rd party protection, if I was ED, I would preserve my money for future developments and leave the game with a simple copy protection, just to avoid people think it's a freely donwloadable addon.

Well i still think copyprotection is useless anyway,

but for lockon maybe i could life with an simple one, which makes no problems.

But i think i will waite a few days after the release, and watch the forums for

users my reporting trouble with that.

But when ED ater all may decide to still use SF, i still dont buy it.

I hope one day an real "breakthrough-blockbuste-game" will abandon on copy-protection,

and still braking sell records as well. Then this copyprotection spook hopefully will end.

(At the musikmarket in Germany good bands are No.1 as well in Albumcharts,

and have no protection on their CDs.)

But thank you Mr. Wagner, now i can cautiously hope again to buy 1.1. 8)

Greetings,

OxKing from Germany

oxsig.jpg

PLEASE HAVE A COPY PROTECTION THAT IS VERY VERY VERY Impossible (atleast for a while i.e., 8 months after release) to emulate or break.

lol never seen a protection what works more than 50%

after 2 weeks the protection is broken and you may find FC in emule as a download.

Every Software ist hack-able, the Hackers deletes only Protection out of the Program... done.

The only thing that would be Secure is a online key when playing in multiplayer. You cant play with a generated key or with 2 keys at the same time.

But a true Lock-On Fan buy it and dont steal it.

Piracy kills good games and copy-protections annoys customers.

Fine. I herefore challenge you to find a full version of Live for Speed. By any means except for paying for it.

You will not.

This is copy protection at it's best, it works, it's not a hassle, and everybody wins.

Nate

http://www.liveforspeed.net/

This starforce this thing is complete bull****. I dont know much about it, all I know is that I have gotten a trojan horse in my compter out of no where since I have installed the 1.1 demo. A week ago just after I installed the 1.1 demo I started to recieve these error messages when ever I visited some sites. I never really thought that it was a virus so I just ignored it since I didnt see any performance issues. Just now I did a virus scan and uncovered the trojan.

ED for your own sake and for the sake of your future customers please get rid of this starforce thing. I am eagerly waiting for 1.1 but since I uncovered this trojan I am seriously considering not getting 1.1. PLEASE

I am the alpha and the omega

I dont know how I can prove it. all I can tell you is that I havent recieved any trojans or any other viruses in months. I havent visited to any unusual websites that I wouldnt normally go to. This virus just appeared after I installed th 1.1 demo. Here is the info on the trojan from the AVG antivirus program I use.

File name: sysdebug32.exe

File path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\

trojan horse Clicker.2.S 28 KB (28672 bytes)

I am the alpha and the omega

Fine. I herefore challenge you to find a full version of Live for Speed. By any means except for paying for it.

You will not.

It's there on peer-to-peer networks with various cracks. Whether they work or not, I leave as an exercise for someone else :lol:

No popular game is uncrackable for offline play. Simbin's GTR uses Starforce and that has been cracked.

Avaritia bona est.

I dont know how I can prove it. all I can tell you is that I havent recieved any trojans or any other viruses in months. I havent visited to any unusual websites that I wouldnt normally go to. This virus just appeared after I installed th 1.1 demo. Here is the info on the trojan from the AVG antivirus program I use.

I seriously doubt that virus was from StarForce.

A search in google for the file name and Star Force isn't even mentioned.

Do the search to find out more info. Might be a little better then immediately pointing fingers. Better to have all the facts first. ;)

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

Have you installed the "Torrent Search" toolbar for IE?

Asus Prime B450-Prime, Ryzen 5 2600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX5700XT, 16 GB DDR 4 32000. HOTAS X56 Rhino

PLEASE HAVE A COPY PROTECTION THAT IS VERY VERY VERY Impossible (atleast for a while i.e., 8 months after release) to emulate or break.

after 2 weeks the protection is broken and you may find FC in emule as a download.

Every Software ist hack-able, the Hackers deletes only Protection out of the Program... done.

The only thing that would be Secure is a online key when playing in multiplayer. You cant play with a generated key or with 2 keys at the same time.

You will not.

This is copy protection at it's best, it works, it's not a hassle, and everybody wins.

Nate

Does a NO CD CRACK COUNT.

You will not.

Nate

Does a NO CD CRACK COUNT.

It doesn't come on a CD....so no. :P

You have to put things right here. Every SINGLE player mode of all games has been cracked so far but not all MULTIPLAYER modes.

That's why f.ex. you can play HL2 in single player but not in multiplayer with the cracked version.

The reason is simple. To crack a single player game you only have to disable the local copy protection check. But in multiplayer you would have to disbable the key check of the server which handles multiplayer connections. Thus you have to crack the server not the clients.

That's why I believe the best protection is a multiplayer mode with a centralized server (like good old Counter Strike).

IMO this is still true for Starforce even as it is more complex due to its encryption feature.