Can not bind dedicated EAC on Thrustmaster throttle

Go to solution Solved by LeCuvier,

As title say; Double clicking on the assignment does nothing. It seem to be de-activated. HALP!   

DSCF8372.jpg

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

Here, Max!
Thank you
(Its the same for the HMCS)

image.png

Edited by Moxica

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

1 hour ago, Moxica said:

Here, Max!
Thank you
(Its the same for the HMCS)

Looks exactly the same for me. That's strange.
Have you tried from the main screen, without entering the module?

In any case, you have mapped it correctly.
Is your issue that the switch doesn't work in the game?
Did you do the cold start correctly? That's always my mistake. 🤦‍♂️

First try was after entering module.
Screenshot is from the main screen, as I just did it for this forum thread.
And I doublechecked just now; It is Disabled/greyed out/inactive.
Edit:
It worked on the A10A
But I can't assign engine start buttons either.

Edited by Moxica

First try was after entering module.
Screenshot is from the main screen, as I just did it for this forum thread.
And I doublechecked just now; It is Disabled/greyed out/inactive.
Edit:
It worked on the A10A
But I can't assign engine start buttons either.
I believe you, but it's not greyed out in your screenshot. What happens if you right click?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

But yes, there are four fields that are "greyed" out in that picture: Keyboard and joystick for the "EAC 2 pos..." and Throttle EAC arm on and off.
(They are merely a notch less brighter blue)
I have cleaned, slow repaired, just to find there are more of those:
APU start, Engine start.. plus a few more.
I have reset, and loaded default cathegories to no avail.
And nothing happens when I right-click.

Edited by Moxica

1 hour ago, Moxica said:

But yes, there are four fields that are "greyed" out in that picture: Keyboard and joystick for the "EAC 2 pos..." and Throttle EAC arm on and off.
(They are merely a notch less brighter blue)
I have cleaned, slow repaired, just to find there are more of those:
APU start, Engine start.. plus a few more.
I have reset, and loaded default cathegories to no avail.
And nothing happens when I right-click.

This is correct, as that line is for the "Special for joystick" category.
Why you can't double click where you have already configured button 24, might be due to the fact that the Warthog comes preconfigured for the A-10C I/II modules.
I've heard this also affects the TM MDFs, and you have to delete the default joystick file to remove the bindings. Not that I understand why you'd want to, as everything should be set correctly by default.
The A-10A is an FC3 module and works completely different, as I know you know. 😉

Cheers!

image.png

Edited by MAXsenna
  • Like 1

The command "EAC 2-pos Switch : ARM<>OFF" is available for the Warthog throttle, and when you double-click that binding field I'm sure the assignment window will open.
Cany ou confirm?

The command is not available for the keyboard for a good reason: It's a command that works only with a maintained ON/OFF switch, just like the EAC on the Warthog throttle. Keyboards and the Warthog joystick don't have such switches.
For the same reason it's not available with the CH-Pro pedals.
The commands "EAC Arm" and "EAC Off" are not available for the Warthog throttle because that device has the maintained ON/OFF switch for the EAC function.
Which command is available for which device is controlled by the files like "default.lua", "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua", "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog.lua".
The Warthog throttle and joystick are defined by their dedicated "....LUA" files. Game controllers that don't have a dedicated .LUA file can use all commands defined in the "default-lua" under "...\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\A-10C_2\Input\A-10C_2\joystick". The keyboard can only use the commands defined in the "defaultlua" under "...\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\A-10C_2\Input\A-10C_2\keyboard".

• Like 2

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

10 minutes ago, LeCuvier said:

The command "EAC 2-pos Switch : ARM<>OFF" is available for the Warthog throttle, and when you double-click that binding field I'm sure the assignment window will open.
Cany ou confirm?

The command is not available for the keyboard for a good reason: It's a command that works only with a maintained ON/OFF switch, just like the EAC on the Warthog throttle. Keyboards and the Warthog joystick don't have such switches.
The commands "EAC Arm" and "EAC Off" are not available for the Warthog throttle because that device has the maintained ON/OFF switch for the EAC function.
Which command is available for which device is controlled by the files like "default.lua", "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua", "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog.lua".
The Warthog throttle and joystick are defined by their dedicated "....LUA" files. Game controllers that don't have a dedicated .LUA file can use all commands defined in the "default-lua" under "...\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\A-10C_2\Input\A-10C_2\joystick". The keyboard can only use the commands defined in the "defaultlua" under "...\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\A-10C_2\Input\A-10C_2\keyboard".

Ah, of course, this makes also sense!

Cheers!

Yes, the "EAC 2-pos Switch : ARM<>OFF" reacts to doubleclick.
But that function is not appropriate.
I would like to use button 24 and 24 off.
I do not understand any logic that will disable that?
..and the entire unit? Que?

:)

Edited by Moxica

• Solution
6 minutes ago, Moxica said:

Yes, the "EAC 2-pos Switch : ARM<>OFF" reacts to doubleclick.
But that function is not appropriate.
I would like to use button 24 and 24 off.
I do not understand any logic that will disable that?
..and the entire unit? Que?

🙂

Why is that function not appropriate? It's exactly the way it should be.

You could add the commands for ARM and OFF to the file "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua" and use Button 24 and Button 24 OFF. It would then do exactly the same thing as the existing command "EAC 2-pos Switch : ARM<>OFF". Seems pointless.

• Like 2

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

2 hours ago, LeCuvier said:

I know. I was just pointing out how the "greyed out" is looking in the picture. Those fields are "greyed out" which is a Windows term. DCS does this with a different color nuance.

6 minutes ago, LeCuvier said:

Why is that function not appropriate? It's exactly the way it should be.

You could add the commands for ARM and OFF to the file "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua" and use Button 24 and Button 24 OFF. It would then do exactly the same thing as the existing command "EAC 2-pos Switch : ARM<>OFF". Seems pointless.

Because I have to pull it down, and up again for it to work. "Up" represent both functions.
"Up" for arm, and "Down/Up again" to turn it off.
..or wait a minute.. Hmm.

Edited by Moxica

Please move along. Nothing to see here.. [embarrassed smileyface]

I'll be..
I have been so excited about the relatively new on/off functionality, I was blind to that function.
Sorry for sending you on this wild goose chase, and thank so much for helping, and steering me towards this excellent solution.

Edited by Moxica
  • Like 1

Please move along. Nothing to see here.. [embarrassed smileyface]

I'll be..
I have been so excited about the relatively new on/off functionality, I was blind to that function.
Sorry for sending you on this wild goose chase, and thank so much for helping, and steering me towards this excellent solution.
No problem buddy!
Maybe I should have stressed more that your settings were actually correct.
Anyway, easy solutions are the best ones!

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1