Modifier key for axis assignments

Hello, I am trying to see if it is possible to use a modifier key (either held down, or toggle) to change what assignment axis some inputs will use.

I do not have rudder pedals, instead I have some racing pedals. I am using vJoy and UCR to map the clutch and accelerator pedals as if they were rudder inputs. It works great, but I distinctly lack toe break axis.

What I want to do is to use a modifier key so that when I press it, the pedals will be assigned to the toe break axis. When the modifier key is not pressed, they will be assigned to rudder input.

Is something like this even possible?

Hello, I am trying to see if it is possible to use a modifier key (either held down, or toggle) to change what assignment axis some inputs will use.
I do not have rudder pedals, instead I have some racing pedals. I am using vJoy and UCR to map the clutch and accelerator pedals as if they were rudder inputs. It works great, but I distinctly lack toe break axis.
What I want to do is to use a modifier key so that when I press it, the pedals will be assigned to the toe break axis. When the modifier key is not pressed, they will be assigned to rudder input.
Is something like this even possible?
Yes, it is. I have never tried it myself though, but I have read from other users that it is possible.
Why don't you try, and come back if you have problems?

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Thanks for confirming that it's at least possible, because I was able to figure it out!

In case someone else needs it, here's how I was able to do it:

First you need to click the "modifiers" key in controls and add a new modifier key there if you need to like me. Since I wanted the modifier to be a button on my joystick, it's not one of the pre-made modifiers like shift or ctrl and etc. Once you click it, click the "add" button under "Switches", and then press the button you want to use.

ZvEVwnu.jpeg

After that, you can use this new modifier like any other modifier. First bind the axis that you want to use (in my case the rudder axis). Then select it again and apply a modifier key to it.

jJMIFq2.jpeg

• Like 1