AG radar: Snowplow mode not working anymore.

TobiasA
Go to solution Solved by Raptor9,

With the latest beta, the SP option became available without the TGP, but it is not working. SP does not SP, the cursor does not return to in front of the aircraft but instead stays centered on the selected waypoint.

So, contrary to the changelog, it is NOT available without a TGP, instead, it got removed completely.
image.png

This is exactly what is no longer working. SP mode is completely gone now.

Snowplow_mode_not_working.trkSnowplow_mode_not_working_with_TGP.trk

Edited by TobiasA
  • Like 1

• TobiasA changed the title to AG radar: Snowplow mode not working anymore.
  • ED Team
  • Solution

Snowplow should only be available in NAV master mode (with the FCR in A-G mode) and "pre-planned" A-G sub-modes like CCRP. It won't be available in "visual" A-G sub-modes like CCIP, STRF, VIP/VRP, etc.

The manual is currently being revised to go into further detail regarding how different sighting modes like Snowplow should work, and also when they should not work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

vor einer Stunde schrieb Raptor9:

Snowplow should only be available in NAV master mode (with the FCR in A-G mode) and "pre-planned" A-G sub-modes like CCRP. It won't be available in "visual" A-G sub-modes like CCIP, STRF, VIP/VRP, etc.

The manual is currently being revised to go into further detail regarding how different sighting modes like Snowplow should work, and also when they should not work.

The manual was the place where I looked before I wrote the report... That solves the issue.
Thanks for the quick reply!

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Raptor9:

Wouldn't it be more logical if SP was available in GM/GMT/SEA no matter what but the whole GM/GMT/SEA mode was blocked in the visual modes because the radar is used for radar ranging, especially in CCIP? 

• ED Team

Please remember we are doing a F-16CM Block 50, roughly M4.2+, operated by the United States Air Force and Air National Guard circa 2007. 

thank you

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2