Arresting gear will not disengage from Tailhook. Slow rollback

Jackjack171
Go to solution Solved by Jackjack171,

Greetings,

So lately, every time I trap in the Hornet, the arresting gear fails to drop free from the hook and instead begins a very slow retraction. It (arresting gear wire) never drops, no matter how far back it goes. Anyone else experience this?

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

• ED Team

Hi, 

this usually happens for two reasons. 

Either your brakes are enabled slightly or your throttle does not actually go to idle when you reduce thrust. 

You may need to check your axis and may be recalibrate. 

thanks

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

I wish I could say what it was, but I have no definitive proof (my failure to provide a track). My anti-skid was off. Axis and throttle had been checked as well. I think the patch fixed it. After the last patch, I tested the Hornet using a quick start Case 1 recovery and then, no more stuck bird on a wire! 

Thank you to all of you that rogered up. I really appreciate it.

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

Yeah, I've seen this too when the carrier operations are still in launch mode rather than having switched to recovery mode. If the people on the deck are still clustered around the catapults, you are still in launch configuration and I have seen the thing set there for 20 minutes still connected to the arresting cables. That said, I am not 100% sure what is needed to switch to recovery mode. I believe after you leave the carrier if you use radios to indicate inbound, that will cause it to switch to recovery mode/configuration. There may be other ways but I am not sure what those might be.