Rudder sensitivity

Jackjack171
Go to solution Solved by fausete,

Greetings,

Whenever I takeoff, my rudder is highly sensitive. Even with the NWS sensitivity disengaged, the F1 still careens side-to-side uncontrollably until I crash. I checked my other jets, no problem. How can I reduce sensitivity even further?

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

• Solution

Hello. The real F1 was quite sensitive to this kind of oscillatory behaviour induced by the pilot on the pedals on take off, with future pilots being trained on how to avoid it. Nevertheless we will review the intensity at some point down the line. If you find it too uncomfortable, using curves will probably help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, fausete said:

Hello. The real F1 was quite sensitive to this kind of oscillatory behaviour induced by the pilot on the pedals on take off, with future pilots being trained on how to avoid it. Nevertheless we will review the intensity at some point down the line. If you find it too uncomfortable, using curves will probably help.

Thank you!

• Like 1

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

• 6 months later...

I think one of the main problems is that in a real-life aircraft you probably need to put a lot more force onto rudder pedals in order to move them, compared to our home solutions.

• Like 2
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

• 2 weeks later...
I think one of the main problems is that in a real-life aircraft you probably need to put a lot more force onto rudder pedals in order to move them, compared to our home solutions.
Indeed this is the main problem. Home pedals adjustments are very important in this issue. I have tested modifing curvatures and saturation and it helps.

Enviado desde mi SM-G981B mediante Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Maxthrust said:

This was a day 1 purchase for me and I don’t fly the mirage because of this issue.

Rather disappointed it has not been addressed for so long now.

curve doesn’t help

Curve does help. You need a pretty serious one. I use 35. Also, disable the high gain steering before starting your takeoff roll and you can also disable NWS entirely once you get a little speed 

Edited by gnomechild

Make very small corrections with the pedals, like 1/4 of what you usually use with other planes. At first is bit hard because your feet will want to make much larger corrections because of muscle memory.

Alternatively, disable NWS once aligned for take-off.