Full Screen Problem :*(

Washer UK

Hmm it would be a bum ache though switching between the two leads :(

I just gave away my VGA cable with my old pc...

Do you know what the max res would be with VGA? is super VGA better?

The only real difference between VGA cables these days is that some are marginally better quality than others.. VGA cables can run any resolution really up to maybe 1920x1200 when the signal quality becomes an issue. I have a PS3 running at 1920x1080p with no issue. If you get one I would recommend running at the exact 1:1 pixel of your TV.. so 1366x768 or whatever. You can't really improve on that, any resolution above is effectively fake.

Dragon

I just changed my screen resolution down too 1360x768 by right clicking on the desktop/properties way rarther than with ATI CCC which made windows a box in the middle of the screen? but i ran DCS fullscreen and it worked!!

Q6600 3.2Ghz, 4G DDR2 1066, ATI 4870, x52, TrackIR 4, Vista 64

And now ive just changed it to 1776x1000 which leaves just a small amount of black border and guess what.... were in

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::joystick::joystick:

LOOK :music_whistling:

DCS.thumb.jpg.3085fab6f6962b676b1b2f97b4a41497.jpg

Edited by Washer UK

Very pleased to hear you've fixed your problem (to a large extent anyway). It sounds like the CCC is SCALING your resolution on the ATI hardware to match your screen - no black borders but problems with the launcher. Changing the resolution in Windows PROBABLY ignores the scaling in some way.

At a guess I would imagine that fiddling with the scaling settings in the CCC and then changing the resolution might fix it so you can use the resolution slider in the CCC. However.. if it ain't broke don't fix it!! :thumbup:

Hi

You know your stuff Dragon ill give you that, CCC is infact scalling the screen but there is an overscan feature which has a slider to adjust screen size, this is only enabled on 1920x1080... guess thats where the problem is.

What I dont understand is when I select 1920x1080 the black border is much bigger than the 1700x1000 resolution unless I use the slider?

Also the menu screen does work in full screen on 1700x1000 but when I took a screen print to show it off to you folks when I pasted in paint i got a picture of my desktop!!! Anyway at least now I can learn how to fly.... Lessons anyone? lol

Hi

You know your stuff Dragon ill give you that, CCC is infact scalling the screen but there is an overscan feature which has a slider to adjust screen size, this is only enabled on 1920x1080... guess thats where the problem is.

What I dont understand is when I select 1920x1080 the black border is much bigger than the 1700x1000 resolution unless I use the slider?

Also the menu screen does work in full screen on 1700x1000 but when I took a screen print to show it off to you folks when I pasted in paint i got a picture of my desktop!!! Anyway at least now I can learn how to fly.... Lessons anyone? lol

Basically it sounds like you are fighting the TV. TVs love to overscan. The HDMI on my 32" Samsung in the bedroom overscans 10%. I have a media center connected to this which has a crap onboard Intel graphics chip. Because of this I can't correct for the overscan and therefore use a VGA cable. The Samsung doesn't overscan the VGA input at all so I run the media center at 1366x768 which gives me 1:1 pixel mapping (which gives the best possible picture). This is one reason why I suggested running through VGA. Basically if you ever replace your Sony get a TV with 1:1 pixel mapping.. it makes life sooooo much easier! :thumbup:

Totally awesome man. And you saved some money there - imagine the amount of chocolate you'd have had to purchase to keep your girlfriend away from the telly. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester