The Best Geforce Graphic Drivers?

T.Bone

I downloaded and updated my Graphic drivers to: 181.22, But im finding BS, unplayable with these Drivers, I cant remember, What the last drivers were, that i was using

Question is: What Graphic drivers are you guys, using

Regards

Tbone:thumbup::pilotfly::joystick:

181.22, works very well for me. That's on an XFX GeForce9800GTX+.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

is that the GeForce9800GTX+ Black edition?

im using the XfX 8800 ultra Alpha Dog Edition XXX-768mb, and i got to say i cant falt this card...

Tbone

Same here T.Bone

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

Nah, nothing really fancy about this card really, it's just a regular 512MB in the OC line. It does work well tho - I have all graphics on max in BS plus some extra AA and such from nHancer and the bottleneck remains my CPU. FarCry2 which came with it is sorta-playable at absolute maximum, switch one or two down from "very high" to just "high" or trick down AA to 4 and it gives me 40+fps on the 1680x1050 native monitor.

Really happy with the card, since it was cheap as hell - it's down to 1600ish SEK here (200 dollars US or ~150 euro) including 25% sales tax. It did cause some trouble with the fact that it needed no less than two of the six-pin PCI-E cables, though since I hadn't been able to find a reference for that (last card I bought was a 7800 when they were like 500 dollars...) I had anticipated something like that. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

The 182.05 betas work great.

New beta and full release drivers for Nvidia cards can always be found at:

www.guru3d.com and www.laptopvideo2go.com

The latter has specially modified (inf) drivers to work with most all laptops that have Nvidia adapters in them. This allows you to use very recent driver sets with your laptops and in many cases enjoy bug fixes and better performance as well.

Good sources.

Out

Maybe a bit OT, but why does Nvidia have several series of drivers in parallel? Any particular reason because it sure is confusing (e.g. 179.xx, 180.xx, 181.xx, 182.xx). Ati drivers are in one line and you know that you should download the last release which makes any older obsolete). I get the feeling it's a bit different with Nvidia.

Ever since I'be bought a notebook, I have to tangle with guessing which Nvidia drivers to download. The last upgrade to 181.00 was not so painless because some of the games seem to crash now. BS works OK, though. Now, if only I could only find out the type of the PLL chip in my notebook so I can overclock it a bit for a few of those precious FPS in the BS (as I'm running WinXP) :)

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

You don't have to guess, you either use the autodetector they have on the nvidia site or fill in the form asking which hardware, OS and graphics adaptor you are using.

Case is slightly different on notebooks, who often lag behind in drivers. This is however very often not any fault of nVidia's, but rather the notebook manufacturer customizing the components to the degree where standard stuff doesn't work reliably. (On my HP laptop, which has an 8600m, the only drivers that will work at all are drivers released by HP - not nVidia.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester