BuzzU

• ED Team
3 minutes ago, BuzzU said:

I don't know how Offline works. If I lost my internet connection. Could I still play DCS? Would there be a time limit?

I'm sure this has been talked about but I missed t.

Hi

To use offline mode you need to select it before losing access to the internet. It was intended for people who work away from home for long periods. Once you have a connection again you can come out of offline mode. 

If you do not select offline mode and you lose access to your internet you have a 3 day period where you can still use DCS. This is usually enough for any internet issues to be resolved. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thank you.

Just so i'm clear. If I chose offline mode and then lose my Internet. Is there a time limit to how long I can play? It would be a long time

Edited by BuzzU

Buzz

18 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

If you do not select offline mode and you lose access to your internet you have a 3 day period where you can still use DCS. This is usually enough for any internet issues to be resolved.

Sorry @BuzzU  that I ask something different.

Hi @BIGNEWY , does the 3 day policy also apply to the steam  DCS users?  So that I have to make the offline mode on steam before lauching DCS?  Thanks!!

• Like 1

Dell XPS 9730, i9-13900H, DDR5 64GB, Discrete GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080, 1+2TB M.2 SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog/TPR, TKIR5/TrackClipPro, Win 11 Pro

You can stay in offline mode as long as you want. If you need to upgrade your PC make sure you login and switch back to online mode first or it could break your DCS install. 

My only gripe with offline is you have to switch it before you lose internet, or you only have 3 days from the last time you logged in. 

So if you haven't logged in for a 3 days or more, you lose internet, no offline mode for you.

It's spelled out in the manual under /Doc

Edited by Paganus
typo
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, scommander2 said:

Sorry @BuzzU  that I ask something different.

Hi @BIGNEWY , does the 3 day policy also apply to the steam  DCS users?  So that I have to make the offline mode on steam before lauching DCS?  Thanks!!

That is a confusing one because Steam has it's own offline mode. I was just playing around with it for other games besides DCS.

• Like 1

Buzz

• ED Team

You should distinguish between two concepts.
If you could not log in to the DCS for any reason (lack of Internet, antivirus error, incorrect system time or forgotten password), you get the opportunity to play and use the purchased modules for three days. This is available for any version of the game, including Steam users.
If you plan to go to an area without the Internet (remote ranch, climbing the Jomolungma or flying into space), you can turn on the offline mode in advance and play without time limit. But users of the Steam version do not have this option. The offline mode is only available for the standalone version.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, diego999 said:

Is there an option I have to configure to be able to play with my modules when the internet goes out?

Depends ... if you play Multiplayer then no, you cant as internet is needed for multiplayer. If you play solo, then you can enable off-line mode ... you need to be conected to the internet at the moment that you enable the off-line mode, as the game will register your PC Identification and save your password. Thereafter you will be able to play without internet connection, for as long as you need.

You will need to deactivate off line mode on two instances: one, if you want to update DCS or install a new DLC; and two, if you need to change the hardware of your PC or re-install windows.

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

4 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Depends ... if you play Multiplayer then no, you cant as internet is needed for multiplayer. If you play solo, then you can enable off-line mode ... you need to be conected to the internet at the moment that you enable the off-line mode, as the game will register your PC Identification and save your password. Thereafter you will be able to play without internet connection, for as long as you need.

You will need to deactivate off line mode on two instances: one, if you want to update DCS or install a new DLC; and two, if you need to change the hardware of your PC or re-install windows.

So what I understand is that I have to be in offline mode permanently, because if I lose connection in online mode all modules are disabled.

My internet connection is unstable. I can't play multiplayer and that's ok, but I'd like to use in single player all the stuff I paid for.

Then this:

6 hours ago, maximov said:

If you could not log in to the DCS for any reason (lack of Internet, antivirus error, incorrect system time or forgotten password), you get the opportunity to play and use the purchased modules for three days. 

is not correct at the moment.

Edited by diego999
typo

2 hours ago, diego999 said:

So what I understand is that I have to be in offline mode permanently, because if I lose connection in online mode all modules are disabled.

not exactly, if you lose connection DCS will still run for up to three days, after that period your DLC will not run.

My internet connection is unstable.

Internet outages that last longer than 3 days are not what I would call unstable, it is like an outright service cut.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

is not correct at the moment.

It's correct with explanation that 3 days are counted from the last successful log in.

I can't play multiplayer and that's ok, but I'd like to use in single player all the stuff I paid for.

Then use offline mode and go online whenever you feel like an update to DCS or PC HW upgrade.

Please also note that if you have any cellphone signal range you can tether the Internet connection to your PC for a quick authorisation when needed.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

6 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

not exactly, if you lose connection DCS will still run for up to three days, after that period your DLC will not run.

As @maximov mentioned, this does not apply for the Steam users L-(

I tried it that I could not run any mod after I saw the warning messages....

Dell XPS 9730, i9-13900H, DDR5 64GB, Discrete GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080, 1+2TB M.2 SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog/TPR, TKIR5/TrackClipPro, Win 11 Pro

24 minutes ago, scommander2 said:

As @maximov mentioned, this does not apply for the Steam users L-(

ok, one more reason to stay away from Steam 🙂 

6 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

I think we're not understanding each other.

I can't play for three days. If I lose internet all modules are disabled. That's what I'm showing in the images. Running DCS standalone. I don't use Steam.

I'm being told about the three days but it doesn't work for me.

Can you test it? Unplug your modem and  open DCS. That's what I did to take the screenshots. No internet = no modules.

12 minutes ago, diego999 said:

Can you test it? Unplug your modem and  open DCS. That's what I did to take the screenshots. No internet = no modules.

My apologies .. you are totally right, as the same happens on my end:

8ARXLnC.jpg

1VXxWrH.jpg

Tested both with MT and normal versions of DCS.

This is clearly a bug, as I remember the 3-day message quite well and it worked  as described. @BIGNEWY can we report this as a bug?

Hopefully it can be fixed soon.

• Like 2

• ED Team

I don't really understand yet. I turn off WiFi on my laptop, start the DCS and get the same messages as you.
But then I get a third message.

Screen_3.png

And I run any module from those that are installed.
Tested for Stable version and Open Beta version. For the Steam Edition version, it really doesn't work.

• ED Team
13 часов назад, diego999 сказал:

I can't play multiplayer and that's ok, but I'd like to use in single player all the stuff I paid for.

Basically, you can turn on offline mode now (at the moment when the Internet is available to you).
Game updates occur most often after the release of a new module or the correction of a critical error. If you are interested in this module, log out of offline and install it. If you are not interested in the new module and your game works without errors, you do not have to leave offline.
Do not forget that it is undesirable to change the configuration of the computer, update the BIOS or the version of the Windows in offline mode.

40 minutes ago, JayJ said:

I think last time this happened to me I had trial modules installed. This may be linked.

It could be, as I have the MB.339 on trial 🙂 ... once the trial is over (10 more days) I will deinstall it and retry this test.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayJ said:

I think last time this happened to me I had trial modules installed. This may be linked.

19 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

It could be, as I have the MB.339 on trial 🙂 ... once the trial is over (10 more days) I will deinstall it and retry this test.

Same here. I have it still on trial but not installed anymore, so maybe something related to the server authorization for trial modules? Strange indeed.

2 hours ago, maximov said:

Basically, you can turn on offline mode now (at the moment when the Internet is available to you).
Game updates occur most often after the release of a new module or the correction of a critical error. If you are interested in this module, log out of offline and install it. If you are not interested in the new module and your game works without errors, you do not have to leave offline.

I think this is what I'm gonna do. Thanks.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, diego999 said:

The bug is definitely related to trial modules as @JayJ said.

@BIGNEWY you might want to add this clue to the bug report 👍

• Like 2