MFO North Camp/South Camp??

H60MTI

I haven't gotten this map yet, but it's on the "to buy" list. I am curious if they put in the 2 big Multinational Forces and Observers(MFO) camps on the map? One is located up north and is called North Camp or El Gora. Kinda off by itself about 5km from the Med and Israeli border. The other camp, South Camp is located just outside of Sharm El Sheik. It's located on the Red Sea. It has 5 helipads on it and would be great for helicopter missions over the sea or launching inland. All this information is available online and is viewed on Google Earth. Nothing is classified. If the map expands enough, there's Tiran Island, 8mi off of Sharm, that has an MFO OP on the top of the mountain, also on Google Earth. Good for sling missions, which is done twice a week from South Camp.

Just curious. I was stationed at South Camp for my year back in 2009-2010. If anyone can see if those are there, that'd be even more reason to get this map sooner! Thanks! Rum Runners for life!

• Like 1

Former SSG US Army

UH-60A/L/M Crewchief

"2 To Fly!"

Both camps are very lite on....as in minimal detail. I was there in 1985 ACMFO - El Gorah. The thing that stands out the most are the old destroyed Israeli Airforce hangars on the west side of the base. There should be no hangars standing, just rubble.

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, 55" Samsung Odyssey Ark, Trackir

Some details that should be added...

Entire camp is fenced with Observation towers

Buildings in the center of the camp aren't massive

More detail down at the aircraft servicing apron....more hangars and other buildings

More detail at the entrance to the base

I've circled a few of the glaring omissions

null

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, 55" Samsung Odyssey Ark, Trackir

They were destroyed by the Israelis back in 1981 prior to the handover to the MFO in 1982. They should be just piles of rubble. OneReTech knows about it.

Edited by MustangSally

Pretty close. Definitely very lite on detail but the illusion is there. Would be nice to get them up to current to use as bases for helicopter missions. Even Apaches. Yes, never been Apache's there but for the game, would be cool. 

Rum Runners For Life!

AVCO MFO

09-10

• Like 1

Former SSG US Army

UH-60A/L/M Crewchief

"2 To Fly!"