First Order Discount.

Tengah

Hello to all,

First off, please forgive me if this has been brought up and resolved somewhere else in this forum.

Problem:  I gifted a friend the YAK-52 a few weeks ago to entice him into flying DCS.  He is now hooked and would like to progress deeper into this wonderful sim.  However, we told him to hold off buying modules and save up his money to buy as many as he could afford in one go to receive and make the most of the 50% discount.  When he goes to the module manager within DCS World the 50% discount pop-up window is not appearing, is this because he was gifted the YAK-52?  The gentleman in question has made no purchases, it is a new account as he had never flown DCS previously until he was gifted the YAK.

Any help, advice, etc would be gratefully received, and thank you all for your time in reading this post.

Edit: This is not a Steam account.  The account was created through the DCS Website.

Edited by Tengah

That's unfortunate....

However  - there is most likely a summer sale around the corner. So advice your friend to be patient and wait for the sale. It won't be exactly 50% on all modules, but at least around 30% (except for the newest/just released) modules.

Another advice (that I myself ain't following) - don't get to many modules at once if you want to deep dive into any one of them..... 😁😬😉

• Like 2

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

9 minutes ago, Hiob said:

It won't be exactly 50% on all modules, but at least around 30% (except for the newest/just released) modules.

Sales frequently offer 50% discounts on many modules.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Sales frequently offer 50% discounts on many modules.
Pretty sure sure Hiob just covered his bases.
In any case, I agree. Most ED modules should be 50% off, except for the latest releases. Same for most 3rd party modules.

OP, make sure he gets as many maps as needed, and maybe the WWII asset pack. That one will be 50%.

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

Pretty sure sure Hiob just covered his bases. emoji6.png
In any case, I agree. Most ED modules should be 50% off, except for the latest releases. Same for most 3rd party modules.

OP, make sure he gets as many maps as needed, and maybe the WWII asset pack. That one will be 50%.

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Hiob said:

That's unfortunate....

However  - there is most likely a summer sale around the corner. So advice your friend to be patient and wait for the sale. It won't be exactly 50% on all modules, but at least around 30% (except for the newest/just released) modules.

Another advice (that I myself ain't following) - don't get to many modules at once if you want to deep dive into any one of them..... 😁😬😉

Thank you, Hiob and MAXsenna for your replies, as for the other... Well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team
В 15.06.2023 в 03:04, Tengah сказал:

When he goes to the module manager within DCS World the 50% discount pop-up window is not appearing, is this because he was gifted the YAK-52?

Your friend has already contacted support. This is some kind of local error, the presence of a gift should not affect the appearance of a pop-up. In any case, we will help your friend get a discount for the first order.

• Like 3