Cyborg Evo Force Joystick

Cionara

My Cyborg Force Joystick arrived today and it works great.

But I have no forcefeedback. Seen many threads with the same problem.

Did anybody solve this in the meantime ?

(ForceFeedback is enabled in Config)

Watercooled

Core i7 920 @ 4,3 Ghz @1.36Vcore

GTX280- 700/1188

6144 MB DDR3 7-7-7-18 1333Mhz

Try instant action. For me only in campaign and instant action it works but its not so good.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

I purchased Evo Force a month or so ago. I tried to use it in Black Shark but was not satisfied with its performance. In my opinion, the problem is not with the stick. Here is a little video I made about the Evo Force.

• Like 1

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

My Cyborg Force Joystick arrived today and it works great.

But I have no forcefeedback. Seen many threads with the same problem.

Did anybody solve this in the meantime ?

(ForceFeedback is enabled in Config)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=35052&page=4

Thereminqblank's settings seemed to do the trick for mine. I also have the physical spring disabled (I used garbage bag twist ties to compress it). I'm on Vista 64 bit, if that helps to know.

I may even graft my Saitek X52 grip on to the Cyborg Force's base, as the CF grip is not to my liking (not enough hat switches, etc.)

[Opinion mode on] A lot of this seems to come down to expectations about what the stick should do in given situations. Based on the descriptions from the sim developers on how the real Ka-50's controls behave/feel, and the limited authority of the autopilot functions, I think Thereminqblank's settings put us in the ball park. [Opinion mode off]

I should point out that I don't have much time in yet on flying the sim. I still have a lot to do to get the controls setup they way that I want them, etc. When I finally get past the limitations of time/money/motivation/spousal unit, and get a configuration that I'm happier with, I expect to be flying more.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Thx for the answers.

Yea guys I read your threads this morning.

But my problem is not that the force feedback is not strong enough or not the best. I have no forcefeedback at all =(

It works in the Windows settings but not ingame.

Nothing happens to the controller when I set the trim...

Edit:

Ok I tested arcade mode and the trim worked.

But now it's to weak as you described in your threads.

I will try this with the spring.

Edited by Cionara

Watercooled

GTX280- 700/1188

I purchased Evo Force a month or so ago. I tried to use it in Black Shark but was not satisfied with its performance. In my opinion, the problem is not with the stick. Here is a little video I made about the Evo Force.

Do you have response curves set up in game?..

You want the best? Here i am...

Nice video!

I had been considering this stick for FFB over the Saitek X52 PRO I currently use. I think I'll hang on now ;)

I have to wonder if some folks are expecting more force on the cyclic than what the actual Ka-50 has when trimmed.

Quoted from over in another thread "Feel of the real ka 50?" http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=37573 :

Just referring to the feel of the cyclic, there are springs that will keep the stick centered at its last trimmed position. You can move it away from that position, and there will be spring resistance to give the stick "feel", in other words, resistance against your movement so you can feel what's going on. With the trimer pressed, there is no spring feel whatsoever, and the control is very loose. Same goes for the pedals. For the collective, the collective brake is similar to the trimmer, but it will not return the collective to the "last trimmed" position. With the collective brake on, it's difficult to move the collective, with it pressed, it's very easy, there is virtually no resistance. In practice, any movement of the collective goes in the order of: press and hold collective brake button, move collective, release collective brake button. Whereas the cyclic and pedals are often moved without holding down the trimmer button, this is not done with the collective.

Oh, and yes, sit on a washing machine, that's a perfect description. In fact, we use it all the time where I work. (The term, not actual washing machines)

AlphaOneSix's description of the cyclic seems to fit pretty well with what I feel on the Saitek Evo Force. Yes, I wouldn't mind if it was a bit stiffer while trimmed, but I can't honestly say that it is too weak as it currently is (without more to go on, any ways...).

It would be nice if a future patch/release gave us some more adjustment over that (even if it isn't "realistic"), as it is obvious that a number of folks aren't satisfied. I'd say Hajduk's work has shown that it isn't really something that could/should be referred back to Saitek, as the stick clearly has enough @ss to deliver more resistance if it is requested by the software.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But it has to stay in the trim-direction =/

Mine does not. I've set default spring to 50%.

But only because the stick doesn't center without.

And it should not be necessary to disable the spring manually with twist ties or something like that :(

Watercooled

GTX280- 700/1188

OK. Have you actually tried:

- Default spring = 0%

- Spring gain = 38%

- Other options at 100%

with the spring manually disabled?

As for the stick centering... why do you want that?

I understand the sentiment that it should not be necessary to manually disable the mechanical spring... however, I note that those who haven't are not happy with how their stick fails to hold the trimmed position, and at least some of us who have disabled it have had pretty good results. Personally, I'm less concerned with the principle and more interested in what actually works.

Next question... what operating system are you running? What Saitek driver version? Have you checked for more recent ones on the Saitek web site?

I'm on Vista 64bit, and I believe I have the most recent driver version (but I would have to check that, and I'm not home at the moment.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok the settings are very good you're right. But my problem wasn't that. I just thought it was but it seems to be a bug in training mode. Because in a mission the forcefeedback is good there's no trimming problem(which I will describe below) and there's even a little bit of centering the cycle when not trimmed.

Here's me problem(bug ?) with trimming in training-mode: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=642129#post642129

Edited by Cionara

Watercooled

GTX280- 700/1188

OK. Have you actually tried:

- Default spring = 0%

- Spring gain = 38%

- Other options at 100%

with the spring manually disabled?

these are the settings i now use, MUCH better :thumbup:

its defo not the stick at fault as its perfectly strong enough for the job required (needs 24volt power pack lol)

would be good to have a force tune in game as everyones stick is different