Any word on the printed manual?

Mad Dog 7.62

Any word on when a printed manual will be available? I think it would be much easier to get into the guts of this sim without having to alt-tab out and look things up in the .pdf's. I am about to give up waiting on ED and have one printed at Kinkos......

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

I am going to buy the boxed version for that reason alone. I went to Kinkos and they wanted 175 dollars to print all three PDF manuals in color.

I am going to buy the boxed version for that reason alone. I went to Kinkos and they wanted 175 dollars to print all three PDF manuals in color.

I'm not sure, but i think it's a separate purchase and not included with the boxed version.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

From memory I think they said that the boxed product wouldn't ship with the full manual. Again from memory I think ED said that the manual will be available for purchase separately, maybe this month.

Correct:thumbup:

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

Yikes,

In that case I may not buy the retail. I already purchased the Russian and English downloaded versions. Any ideas on what the cost will be for the printed manual?

I converted the price to around $55 USD. But then I guess it could be adjusted to the market area like the game was. Still cheaper then the $175, and it will be bound with color hopefully.

I checked with Kinko's too and posted here somewheres. If you can't sneak the print off at work it's best to wait. I wouldn't risk it these days either.

If the manual is only $55 USD, that is insane. I got qouted nearly $250 at local kinkos to get it printed in full color, with it all done in a neat binder and put together with a cover. Hell, its nearly $40 in full black and white.

I highly doubt it will be $55....i wonder how much money they lose with it at $55.... but I wont complain if its $55 :)

If the manual is only $55 USD, that is insane. I got qouted nearly $250 at local kinkos to get it printed in full color, with it all done in a neat binder and put together with a cover. Hell, its nearly $40 in full black and white.

I highly doubt it will be $55....i wonder how much money they lose with it at $55.... but I wont complain if its $55 :)

Think 'economies of scale'.

But hell yeah am ready to buy that printed manual, cmon ED take my money.

No way in heck it will be 55 bucks. Kinkos is making a KILLING at that price they quoted but 55 is STILL stupidly insane. A decent printing company can rip those things out dirt cheap in full color.

[sIGPIC]http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n537/16th_Relic/16th-sig.jpg[/sIGPIC]

AMD 965BE, 8GB RAM, ATI5750, Track IR4,TM MFD's, CH FS,PT,PP

"You can take my CH setup when you pry it from my dead, cold hands..."

Awhile ago someone posted a link to this site that looked like at the time was going to be selling a printed manual. Now going back, they changed the site obviously because of confusion. What it looks like now is they will sell the DVD that will come with a 56 page manual. So that quote was wrong. But there is supposed to be a printed manual comming out.

Q: Is there a printed manual?

A: The currently available online (download) version of DCS features online (PDF) documentation, including a Ka-50 Flight Manual, GUI manual, Quick Start Guide, and Key Commands Lists. The upcoming retail (boxed DVD) version will include a printed Quick Start manual and all of the other manuals as PDF files. However, a printed, spiral-bound extended version of the Ka-50 Flight Manual will be available for sale seperately. The printed version will include a number of additional chapters as compared to the online (PDF) version included in both the online (download) and retail versions of the product.

Edited by JDski

Awhile ago someone posted a link to this site that looked like at the time was going to be selling a printed manual. Now going back, they changed the site obviously because of confusion. What it looks like now is they will sell the DVD that will come with a 56 page manual. So that quote was wrong. But there is supposed to be a printed manual comming out.

From the FAQ:

However, a printed, spiral-bound extended version of the Ka-50 Flight Manual will be available for sale seperately. The printed version will include a number of additional chapters as compared to the online (PDF) version included in both the online (download) and retail versions of the product."

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=589600&postcount=46

EDIT: You beat me to it :P

Edited by slug88

Well, not sure about anyone else, but I have no problems printing my manual on .... my printer. I figured almost everyone on the planet would have at least one printer. Maybe im wrong.

Yes but the question is, do you have a problem printing mine? :)

I'll print yours. $50 plus postage... :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Meh...

60 and we'll call it postage included? :D

Oh, and that's dollars US, not ye Canadian ones. Dollar to SEK exchange ration is much better... :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

So....I guess the bottom line is nothing from ED about the printed manual. I had thought it was supposed to be out in January, based on what Wags posted back in Nov. or Dec.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=589600&postcount=46

It was posted in this thread and Wags said the same thing a while ago IRC.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least