Black Shark Producers note #3 "Basic Flight" : Runway/Textures?

BTTW-DratsaB

I normally don't make double posts, but I really want to know about this. Either the producers notes comments section does not get many views or no one else is as impressed with this as me :) .

Anyway, in the Basic Flight Producer's Note video

the textures of the terrain and runway seem to be way better than anything I can get with in game GFX settings or nVidia control panel settings (eg AF which I have at 16). I'm guessing some mod or other was used. Does anyone know what it is? It looks excellent.

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

heh heh, yeah I'm actually using your old Russian runway textures at the moment. Very nice too. :thumbup:

I noticed that there are also high res textures and extra airfield objects in the producers note about navigation. I seem to recall some thing about these extra airfield objects as a mod for flaming cliffs. Possibly related to the Simmod terrain. Is Ruggbutt around here these days?

hope they get released.

cheers for the info guys.

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

OK it's 100% Simmod terrain & airbase texture. This version works with the english BS:

http://forums.frugalsworld.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=135506

There's a link there to the zip file.

Recommend you unzip the file, run the installer but install to a temporary folder. In the folder you will find

YOURtempfolderLOCATION\Bazar\Terrain\Surface\R1L.cdds

YOURtempfolderLOCATION\Bazar\Terrain\Surface\R2.cdds

Copy these two files to the c:\YOUR ENGLISH KA-50 INSTALL LOCATION........\Bazar\Terrain\Surface\

Now you will need to alter you graphics.cfg file located in c:\YOUR ENGLISH KA-50 INSTALL LOCATION........\Config\

Open graphics.cfg with notepad

Find:

TextureCollections

{

highFolder = ".\\Bazar\\TempTextures\\";

Immediately after that

ADD:

common = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Surface\\R1L.cdds";

common = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Surface\\R2.cdds";

If you currently have my runway textures installed you will still see them. If you want to see Simmod's runway textures uninstall mine before doing the above.

I'm not absolutely certain but I don't think the Simmod terrain will change by season.

Note that the simmod airbase textures seem to be a lower resolution than mine (i've not checked properly).

Personally I particularily like their very worn white line edging to the runway. I might do a version of my textures with a similar edge at some point. Had a quick go today but not enough time to do it justice.

Edited by DragonRR

OK it's 100% Simmod terrain & airbase texture. This version works with the english BS:

http://forums.frugalsworld.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=135506

There's a link there to the zip file.

Recommend you unzip the file, run the installer but install to a temporary folder. In the folder you will find

YOURtempfolderLOCATION\Bazar\Terrain\Surface\R1L.cdds

YOURtempfolderLOCATION\Bazar\Terrain\Surface\R2.cdds

Copy these two files to the c:\YOUR ENGLISH KA-50 INSTALL LOCATION........\Bazar\Terrain\Surface\

Now you will need to alter you graphics.cfg file located in c:\YOUR ENGLISH KA-50 INSTALL LOCATION........\Config\

Open graphics.cfg with notepad

Find:

TextureCollections

{

highFolder = ".\\Bazar\\TempTextures\\";

Immediately after that

ADD:

common = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Surface\\R1L.cdds";

common = ".\\Bazar\\Terrain\\Surface\\R2.cdds";

If you currently have my runway textures installed you will still see them. If you want to see Simmod's runway textures uninstall mine before doing the above.

I'm not absolutely certain but I don't think the Simmod terrain will change by season.

Note that the simmod airbase textures seem to be a lower resolution than mine (i've not checked properly).

Personally I particularily like their very worn white line edging to the runway. I might do a version of my textures with a similar edge at some point. Had a quick go today but not enough time to do it justice.

Can't thank you enough mate, Ill give it a go.

rep inbound :thumbup: Edit : Dang, seems your the last person I gave rep to, so I cant you give you any more, for now :)

Edited by BTTW-DratsaB
update

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Here are some screenshots of the SIMMOD textures. I turned AA&AF up to 16/16Q for the screenies. I normally play at 8xAF and 8AA @1920X1200. Screnies were taken on the ka50.com server during a mission called "Attrition".

ScreenShot_018.jpg

ScreenShot_019.jpg

ScreenShot_020.jpg

Edited by AlphaInfinity

....ehhmm.... Rapidshare or something possible?!

THX

S@uDepp

// Hasi @4,5 GHz @ H100i // Asrock Z87M Extreme 4 // Avirex 4x4GB // PALIT 1070 GTX SuperJetStream // Corsair 350D // Plextor extern // DELL 2407WFP // Razer Lancehead // 2xThrustmaster T.16000M + Saitek Pedals Pro // Oculus Rift // 3x amBX // Win10 Pro x64

Does it affect perfomance?

BTW they talked about it yesterday in general forum:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=39369

"The additional detail of the airfields was being done by a 3rd party, but unfortunately, he was unable to complete the work to the point we could include it in the shipped product. I have been in contact with him recently and very much hope he can complete his work at some point and release it as a mod. Both he, and with Eagle's direct support, spent a lot of time on it; it would be a shame to see it go to waste.

Matt Wagner

Producer, TFC/Eagle Dynamics"

Edited by Distiler

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

I honestly did not see a huge performance hit, but my machine is fairly new. I really love the mod and it makes a big difference in-game(pleasing to the eye).

does this one work with the english version?

:pilotfly:Wolfpack Production:pilotfly:

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

DCS/FC2/FC3/Arma videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfpackproductionDK

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"

Yes, it does. You need to specify a TEMP folder for the installer. Do NOT install them directly to the ka50 folder. You then copy the two files you put in the temp folder to the specified location in the instructions.

DCS SimMod reload terrain is also available in ModMan format and don't override your graphics.cfg ;) but use ModMan CFG registries features

http://www.checksix-fr.com/bibliotheque/index.php?Fichier=5780

I just found this:

http://www.checksix-forums.com/showthread.php?t=151083

I installed it before checking the forum. Should everything be alright if I just uninstall the mod with Modman or I'll be missing those files whatever I do?

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

After using this terrain for 2 days i end up removing it as i couldn't easily detect targets any more. They were blend with environment and also man pads was close to impossible to detect due to the small dots the terrain has.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

I just found this:

http://www.checksix-forums.com/showthread.php?t=151083

I installed it before checking the forum. Should everything be alright if I just uninstall the mod with Modman or I'll be missing those files whatever I do?

ModMan version if perflectly compliant with english version

read my post here for complete explanation

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=39489