Tom Clancy's HAWX PC Demo released

Majesco

Ubisoft today released the PC demo for Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X., the actiony flight sim from Ubisoft Romania. The full game is hitting the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 tomorrow, with the PC version arriving on March 10

HAWX_HELMET_and_LOGO.jpg

Link to download demo version: 1.24GB

http://gamedaily.newaol.com/pub/Tom_Clancys_HAWX_Demo.exe

Minimum Configuration :

• CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.0 GHz/ AMD Athlon XP 2000+ or higher
  • Operating System: Windows XP (with Service Pack 3) or Windows Vista (with Service Pack 1)
  • RAM: 1 GB Windows XP / 2 GB Windows Vista
  • DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM speed 4x, dual-layer drive
  • Drive Space: 1.5 GB
  • Graphics Card: 128 MB DirectX compliant, Shader 2.0 enabled video card
  • Sound Card: DirectX 9.0 compliant sound card
  • DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0 or 10.0 libraries (included on disc)

Recommended & Preferred Configuration:

• CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 6320 / AMD Athlon X2 4000+ or higher
  • Operating System: Windows XP (with Service Pack 3) or Windows Vista (with Service Pack 1)
  • RAM: 2 GB
  • DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM speed 4x, dual-layer drive
  • Drive Space: 1.5 GB
  • Graphics Card: 256 MB DirectX 10.0 compliant video card or DirectX 9.0 compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (see supported list)
  • Sound Card: DirectX 9.0 compliant sound card
  • DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0 or 10.0 libraries (included on disc)
  • Peripherals: Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

I tried the PC demo..

Graphics look ok, though expect FPS reduction during an action mission.. (anyways my PCs not top of the line...)

It was more enjoyable for me to play using the cockpit view.. though the "assistance mode" will be on..

I dunno if it's possible to set assistance off while in cockpit view..

Missile evation.. as usual.. just simple break turn to outmanuever it~ :lol:

Not sure if the player plane has "life" i didn't let myself get hit by a missile anyway..

Default plane for the action mission was an F-16, while an F-15SMTD/Active for the "training" flight..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The graphics are amazing, it would be a wonderful experience to play Black Shark or Lock On with these graphics....

But HAWKS is nothing more then an arcade game and not even close to becoming any kind of simulation...

the plane starts with 100hp, in normal mode each missel hit means -13hp

i know the full release will support trackir, but it seems to not work within the demo...

Actually it does work, with the demo, the games list just needs to be updated.

TrackIR software -> Updates -> Check for game updates -> restart software

Actually it does work, with the demo, the games list just needs to be updated.

TrackIR software -> Updates -> Check for game updates -> restart software

Thanks for the quick update. I had tried to update yesterday after downloading the demo but found nothing . Today its there. Going to go check it out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Thanks for the movie Lotham, made me decide not to get the demo :) Graphics are good but this is sooooooo far from being a sim ;)

:lol:

The game looks like After Burner 2009, that's not LO, that's for sure, but that's quite fun and very well coded..., it's not a sim, that's for sure... you can make incredible things in that game, things that transform a real pilot in a chopped steak :P

Lothamroth - www.Lockon.Fr - Vimeo Channel - Youtube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We can have gameplay like this in DCS, just turn on arcade mode :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Wow, I just flew the F-16 with the "Joint Strike Missile" or something, with which I blew up just anything around: enemy fighters, hovercraft, tanks, etc. Forget about the Vikhr!!!

And the "realistic flight model", well, the Viper does fly a tad easier than say your common Su-25T!

Graphics seem to stem from some Xbox 360 / Playstation III console.

Anyway, I'm having loads of fun with that demo!

PS why are we sitting after the engine in these airplanes? Is this an unwanted side-effect of stealth?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

... Australian EB games store :music_whistling:

... I think it's because they speak a different language there so it may have gotten lost in translation.:music_whistling:

• Like 1

- - - - - - - - TO FLY IS HEAVEN. TO HOVER IS DIVINE - - - - - -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

......*almost spits his drink all over his keyboard.....

I Admire your Self-Control!

Me - I just shorted out a perfectly Good Cup of Earl Grey........not to mention the unfortunate calamity that befell the Scone......and then there's the G15!

Oh Wei.........:music_whistling:

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

• ED Team

If you go to Metacritic

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/dcsblackshark?q=black%20shark

Look at the scores of Upcoming and Recent releases and sort by scores:

Black Shark 83

HAWX: 73

• Like 1

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

Absolutely both at once visually stunning and the most craptacular clunky controlling game ever released. Very very silly....no depth at all. Fun on the same level as space invaders with wicked graphics. Very little of this is changed from game platforms. This is a good example of why I have always disliked them. Holds your attention for 3 - 37 seconds and then DONE!

Out

Absolutely both at once visually stunning and the most craptacular clunky controlling game ever released. Very very silly....no depth at all. Fun on the same level as space invaders with wicked graphics. Very little of this is changed from game platforms. This is a good example of why I have always disliked them. Holds your attention for 3 - 37 seconds and then DONE!

Out

To me, sums it up totally lol :D