Rlease time on main page.. March 2005

To be honest, they never had a release date, it was and is just an estimate, an optismitic view. And sadly it has taken more time than they planned or wished for. They don't hold it in because they want to, something has come up and they need to straighten it out.

So to set it straight, they never said they would release it in january or february, they hoped they'd have it out by then, but they didn't. So be it.

It's their first release, and they could have used "soon" instead or anything like that, but then again, if they used soon. How many would nag about when "soon" is?

Atleast we know it's close, they're discussing the copyprotection and testing that out. After that it's the distribution, mirrors and such. They might do this now aswell.

I'd rather wait a month longer and have a working protection and distribution than have it up front right now and see the site go down.

/Nasder, "I came, I saw, I got shot down."

I'll point out the obvious.

Once a large, vocal portion of the community said it would not support Starforce and ED said it was looking at alternatives, a delay is a necessity.

Simply, it takes extra time to test and price out alternative systems. I am glad they listened to the commotion and I am happy that they'll take their time.

FC with Starforce in February is much, much worse than FC with a functional protection system in March-ish.

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

Well said Zoomboy.....

Every one is really complaining about everything, so resolveing issues takes time (there is no magic wand for fixes)....

Why can't we all be patiant for a change or is this too much to ask?

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

I'll point out the obvious.

Once a large, vocal portion of the community said it would not support Starforce and ED said it was looking at alternatives, a delay is a necessity.

Simply, it takes extra time to test and price out alternative systems. I am glad they listened to the commotion and I am happy that they'll take their time.

FC with Starforce in February is much, much worse than FC with a functional protection system in March-ish.

If this is the reason I agree with you

Why dont they wrote "next month"? :lol: :shock:

Its ok, when they decide to test some other copy protections.

I hope they release a new demo too.

This message was sponsored by "askingstupidquestions.com" in cooparation with "icantfly.de".

...I'd rather wait a month longer and have a working protection and distribution than have it up front right now and see the site go down.

One of the ED people on Russian forum said:

Задержка связана с неожиданно резкой реакцией комьюнити на защиту версии 1.1, а также с обнаруженным в демо-версии залипанием кнопок на некоторых конфигурациях компьютеров. Это заставило нас еще раз вернуться к вопросу формирования дистрибуций и запустить процесс тестирования еще по одному кругу. Так что, идя навстречу пожеланиям трудящихся, плавно перетекаем на март. Пока что не вижу причин, по которым в марте версия 1.1 может не выйти.

“…Delay is related to unexpectedly negative reaction of the community on [starForce] copy protection and also to the issue of “stuck buttons” in some configuration of the [players] computers. It forces us to revisit the packaging of the distributive and run the cycle of testing through one more round. Because of the customer’s wishes release [of the v1.1] had smoothly flown into March (:D :D :D-Bogun). I don’t see any reason why v1.1 would not be released in March.”

You can do more with a kind word and a gun, than with just kind word alone.

- Al Capone

It will be ready when it is ready. Release dates are always subject to change and nobody should be surprised. After all the moaning and groaning about the copy protection is it any wonder that the thing has been further delayed?

I wasn't one of the bitchers, I was going to take the StarForce risk with my gaming rig after doing the research on SF, but I have to say that I'm very impressed that they listened and are taking the extra time to get into a less invasive protection. (also the bug squashing thing)

Very nice, SF is pretty drastic stuff and I'm happy that something else is being considered.

Visa is armed and safety is off.

:D

------------------

Wingmen should pretty much stick to two radio transmissions, "Two." or "Sir, you're on fire."

I applaud ED for listening to concerns raised about SF and for taking the time to do it right. Much better imo that the copy protection issue came to light pre release rather than post.

Two thumbs up ED!

Patiently waiting.

Slamo

Guest ruggbutt

I'm constantly amazed that ED listens to us. You just don't see that kind of attitude from software devs.

<S!> Eagle

Instead of posting months, why don't they say Q1 2004, that's gives them 3 months to worry about releasing it.

Perhaps they will save that for their next project :D

I want to get away, I wanna fly away.

Yeah, yeah, yeah!

- Lenny Kravitz - Fly Away

Re: Rlease time on main page.. March 2005

Release date changed to March 2005 on main page.

followed by

Attention!

4 March we’ll provided maintenance our site and forum therefore it will be not available.

Sorry for inconvenience.

Are these linked?

hehehe :twisted:

Asus ROG Strix B-560-F, Intel i9-11900k, EVGA GTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000, 1TB WD Blue SN550 NVME SSD, Asus PB287Q 28" 3840x2160 TN 4K, Thrustmaster Warthog + F/A-18 HOTAS, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar, Thrustmaster TFRP rudder, Razer orbweaver chroma.

The artist formerly known as VVS 504 Wolverine.

Worth it.

ANY delay is worth it if it means the SF protection junk won't make it into FC !

Let's face it.

We now have LO v1.02 without any unnecessary protection.

Why (having to pay for it or not makes no difference to me) would I put up with any software (how much I long for it does not matter to me) if it messes with my system in a way I believe to be unacceptable.

I understand ED wants to protect their hard work. It is their right.

And I would very much like to buy FC ASAP as anyone here... but not with SF or similar kind of 'additional always in-memory present driver protection'.

And BTW... of course, any other software that comes with the likes of SF won't alse never get installed on my system.

Thanks for listening to us ED.

:!:

LockON is IT !

AMD 3500+ - GF6800GT - 1GB RAM low tatency - MSI NEO2 PLatinum

20" BENQ S-IPS TFT 1600X1200 - 32 bit color