Any information yet on planned version ?

Matchstick

1 minute ago, Matchstick said:

My guess is Spanish F-104G and maybe TF-104G

Agree, that's the most likely variant, and I'm fine with it:

http://www.916-starfighter.de/F-104_SpAF_serial.htm

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I don't get why most users only want the latest version of any old aircraft, looks like they don't want anything without an MFD or digital HUD on it. I prefer to have the most used variant, the one with most liveries and operators, as it allows for a wider variety of missions. On the F-104, for me that variant is the G.

• Like 23

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

19 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

I don't get why most users only want the latest version of any old aircraft, looks like they don't want anything without an MFD or digital HUD on it. I prefer to have the most used variant, the one with most liveries and operators, as it allows for a wider variety of missions. On the F-104, for me that variant is the G.

MFD? HUD? 
the S has a better engine, with the ability to shoot aim-7, the ASA a better radar, aim-9L and Aspide missile. 
it’s not about the latest variant, it’s about having the almost pure intercept version. No version has mfd, hud or any of these heresies. 

instead of newer version read as Italian version.

Edited by algherghezghez
  • Like 1

F-104G for sure. Even though Spain only used them as A/A platforms, I hope they include more weapons than just two winders and the gun. Liveries for Spain are a given and I would also like to see Luftwaffe, Marineflieger, USAF, Norwegian, Greek and Turk skins as well. 

• Like 2

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

hace 17 minutos, Vampyre dijo:

F-104G for sure. Even though Spain only used them as A/A platforms, I hope they include more weapons than just two winders and the gun. Liveries for Spain are a given and I would also like to see Luftwaffe, Marineflieger, USAF, Norwegian, Greek and Turk skins as well. 

spain used them for more than air to air, there's a good ammount of pictures out there of them training with bombs

image.jpeg

• Like 2

el articulo 140 de la constitucion

49 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

I prefer to have the most used variant, the one with most liveries and operators, ...

don't forget to mention: the most incredible sound ever produced by any aircraft; both beautiful and terrifying at the same time.

• Like 3

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

43 minutes ago, snocc_ said:

spain used them for more than air to air, there's a good ammount of pictures out there of them training with bombs

image.jpeg

Did they paint all their bombs day glow orange? Looks like a test drop to me. I can't seem to find any other evidence of the Spanish Air Force regularly engaged in ground attack training.

• Like 1

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

hace 13 minutos, Vampyre dijo:

Did they paint all their bombs day glow orange? Looks like a test drop to me. I can't seem to find any other evidence of the Spanish Air Force regularly engaged in ground attack training.

its a training drop, br.250s/500s and bme-330s used for training were painted red while the bombs meant to be used operationally were painted like we have them in DCS

i can post pictures of different spanish 104s dropping bombs until you're convinced

image.jpeg      142791007_2776929869189457_3970108774324822169_n.jpg11952731_1651591425056646_7117994283823151731_o.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, snocc_ said:

its a training drop, br.250s/500s and bme-330s used for training were painted red while the bombs meant to be used operationally were painted like we have them in DCS

i can post pictures of different spanish 104s dropping bombs until you're convinced

image.jpeg      142791007_2776929869189457_3970108774324822169_n.jpg11952731_1651591425056646_7117994283823151731_o.jpg

Still looks like test drops to me as all the bombs seem the same. Need more evidence.

they look the same because they're the same bomb, they're br.250s painted red for training which were the most normal bomb for spanish aircraft at the time

these are pictures of 4 different 104s, you can tell by the registration number on the tail and the squadron number in front of the engine intake, why would they test the same bomb on the same platform so many times?

image.jpeg

Edited by snocc_
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

The F-104S's had an uprated engine and access to Sparrows. They weren't that much different from the G.

That said, I totally agree with you. Often times, those latest and greatest versions of Cold War fighters were stop-gaps, meant to keep squadrons flying so that its replacement can be procured.

• Like 3

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Yeah, I hope its the G, its the most common version that was used by ALOT of nations.

• Like 2

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

52 minutes ago, MiG21bisFishbedL said:

The F-104S's had an uprated engine and access to Sparrows. They weren't that much different from the G.

That said, I totally agree with you. Often times, those latest and greatest versions of Cold War fighters were stop-gaps, meant to keep squadrons flying so that its replacement can be procured.

Most ASA and every ASA/M also lost air to ground capability completely, as well as the gun (they put avionics for the Sparrow/Aspide in there). If we had to have only one version I would much rather it was a classic G for that reason alone.

Of course, Aerges could also repeat what they've done with the C-101 and Mirage and just give us different versions. I don't think it's a coincidence the announcement picture didn't show the tail for instance, since that is the most noticeable differentiator between the A/C and G/S.

Edited by TLTeo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1