Western terrain Mod Version 2

shaggy

Isn't a little bit a too flashy green color ?... In France, we have those green tints only near a nuclerar central or on the button to light on the Xbox :D

HAHA made my day:D i will change the colours a bit and get back yo you guys:smilewink: Thanks for the inputs, its very useful :thumbup:

• Like 1

Intel Core i7-8700 3,20GHz - EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 - 32Gb Ram - DCS on 500 GB SSD - Windows 10 - Thrusmaster Warthog - Thrustmaster TPR pedals - Track Ir 5 - Samsung Odyssey+

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.virtualredarrows.com

OK new update. Its actually spring here today, so I took the advantage to go out and actually look how the terrain is, so I think im getting closer. :)

So not as funky colours this time. also if you fly close to the ground you will see leaves in different brown colours. More to come soon.

Note! In one picture you see textures of the towns. Those are done by Simmod and can be found in another mod which I use parallel with my own.

BW

Shaggy

ScreenShot_117-2.jpg

ScreenShot_118-1.jpg

ScreenShot_119.jpg

ScreenShot_121.jpg

Intel Core i7-8700 3,20GHz - EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 - 32Gb Ram - DCS on 500 GB SSD - Windows 10 - Thrusmaster Warthog - Thrustmaster TPR pedals - Track Ir 5 - Samsung Odyssey+

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Today's update is the Autumn textures. Note again that im using my mod together with LO Reload and simmod enhanced terrain and structures mods. Basically I only have the winter textures left now.

BW

Shaggy

ScreenShot_121-1.jpg

ScreenShot_122.jpg

ScreenShot_123.jpg

ScreenShot_126.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Some more pictures showing of the new wonderful 3GO Flanker and my Autumn Textures. As you can see the texture vary depending were you are so it looks pretty realistic I think. Not a quilt patchwork everywhere, and it also works very well with other terrain mods. LO-Reaload + Simmod Enhanced terrain + Enhanced Buildings + Western Europe Terrain Mod 2 = :thumbup:

Winter to come soon....

BW

Shaggy

ScreenShot_000-1.jpg

ScreenShot_002-1.jpg

ScreenShot_003-1.jpg

ScreenShot_004-1.jpg

ScreenShot_007-1.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Shaggy..... one word .......................PERFECT !!!!!!!!!!:):):)

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

Thank you guys, much appreciated:). Just to show you some more of this mod. On the Autumn Textures you can see the leaves from the trees on the ground giving it a more realistic effect. Then I have another problem. The Russian Style Hardened Aircraft Shelters uses a texture from the ground texture. I need to find that texture and edit it so it looks correct. Anyone have an idea of what the texture name is? I tried to edit the NOISE_1.bmp but it dident help.

ScreenShot_003-2.jpg

ScreenShot_002-2.jpg

ScreenShot_000-2.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yepp news is that im making a new 3d aircraft shelter model. and some other 3d models to make my mod just a little better. I have all the seasons done except for the winter one at the moment. Just some small modifications are needed for the other seasons. So i hope it should be ready in a week or so.

BW

Shaggy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So i hope it should be ready in a week or so.

BW

Shaggy

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

Shaggy could you make a hard winter terrain textures, I mean we're talking Caucasus region in LOFC that should be pretty cold during winter and default textures represent snowy terrain that IMHO looks kinda dirty, it's too gray when looked at from high altitude. So I'm looking for a really heavy snow, like lots of purest white or slightly blueish patches in the fields.

I really like SIMMODs Winter terrain but it only adds more detail and general feeling of a heavy snow is still absent so if you could create a separate Hard Winter texture replacement mod!

You probably understand what I'm saying, you're from Sweden right?!

I believe Grandsurf had some screenies in forums of his Winter terrain work, I dunno what happend to it but it looked very promising!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hehe yeah i know what you mean. I actually planned 2 winter textures.

1st being very hard winter, basically white with some colour contrast to it.

2nd beeing a winter / Autumn transition textures, so autumn textures overlayed with wintery layers if you know waht i mean? more like broken areas with snow. Then we can have a vote of wich is bets or i jsut release 2 versions. And on another note, my new Aircraft Shelter is ready for mapping and i will show screens soon.

BW

Shaggy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hehe yeah i know what you mean. I actually planned 2 winter textures.

1st being very hard winter, basically white with some colour contrast to it.

2nd beeing a winter / Autumn transition textures, so autumn textures overlayed with wintery layers if you know waht i mean? more like broken areas with snow. Then we can have a vote of wich is bets or i jsut release 2 versions. And on another note, my new Aircraft Shelter is ready for mapping and i will show screens soon.

BW

Shaggy

Great, actually that's exactly what I meant (2 versions of winter) but I did not wanna be too demanding here.

I like flying during winter in LOFC and if I want to simulate heavy snow or snow blizzard I use default winter textures that are kinda poor with snow.

On the other hand, if there is no snow at all although it's a winter I use autumn textures so I believe your idea of autumn textures overlayed with partial snow and ice patches is a great idea!

I'm glad you think the same!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK work continues and i have finished my first ever 3d model! I did all the mapping and modelling myself for the first time, but with great support from some very talented mates " Big thanks Crow and Ripper" . please be kind on criticism as this is my first model. I tried to keep it low poly as well. and its only a couple of hundred polys. But still has some detail I think. The positive thing is that all the other models i will do wont be worse than this one. A good startig point i think..... Some renders for you. And nwo i will get back to finish the terrain.

BW

Shaggy

HangarRender3.jpg

HangarRender4.jpg

HangarRender5.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]